Igloo Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Igloo_Energy
    Igloo_Energy Posts: 11 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lewismob wrote: »
    Switched as lured in by a cheaper tariff as advertised on MSE. Before our 1st direct debit had been taken they raised the unit rate on both gas and electricity making it immediately more expensive than my previous provider. Grrr. And an early exit fee of £60 made it pointless to switch away until closer to the tariff end. When I did switch some 12 months later they suddenly reduced the tariff again. All a bit coincidental and possibly underhand..... not happy with their tactics.

Hi Lewis,

Just to clear up a couple of things regarding your experience! We only offer the one tariff which is called the Igloo Pioneer, this tariff doesn't have, and has never had exit fees, so if we could just confirm this was definitely us you are referring to?

In regards to our pricing, it is something that as a variable tariff can change from time to time, and is closely linked to wholesale pricing, however we would always provide you with 30 days written notice in the event of an increase. This year we have had three price decreases.

We're always here if you wanted to reach out to us and ask us any more questions!

Thanks,
    Daniel
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Igloo. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Igloo_Energy
    Not very impressed really, they have refused my switch due to discrepancies on the meter registration database and advised I have to get my current supplier to change it. However they strongly suggested that nobody could take over my supply because of this, when questioned backwards and forwards it turns out that they choose not to take over if there is a discrepancy but the way they described it was misleading as I have switched several times since living in this house.

I'm actually glad that I had this interaction that they refused my switch as if they are willing to mislead over something so trivial then it doesn't point to them offering good customer service in the future. The only downside is that cheap energy club just shows that I have a switch in progress so I can't find out who would be next cheapest supplier.

Hello there,

Thanks for getting in touch, we're really sorry to hear about the trouble you faced when trying to switch to us!

When we process sign-up requests we are thorough in checking address details on the industry databases to ensure that the switch goes through smoothly. When doing this we always ensure that the meter is registered to your address as well as checking that we can support your meter.

If the meter is registered to an incorrect address we would always ask that you contact the current supplier to correct this. This is to ensure that we definitely take on the correct meter for you, as we always have to be diligent in avoiding any potential erroneous transfers. Other suppliers may well be able to take over an incorrectly registered meter, however we've made the decision not to do this, as we feel it's better to get it right as often as we can!

Please accept our apologies if this has not been clearly explained to you, we try our best to be transparent with customers so to ensure good customer service.

Best wishes,
    Kayleigh
    I am the official company representative of Igloo. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Based on reviews/price I decided to switch from out fox the market to igloo energy. I provided my final readings and Via email Igloo notified me that my gas would switch on the 7/12/19 & electric would switch on 12/12/19. Today I noticed that I have been billed by both Out Fox The Market and Igloo for my gas for the same period. I contacted OFTM who said they still had control of may account as Igloo had not yet taken over. I rang Igloo who said they took over may gas on the 18/12/19 ,, but i'd received an email saying they were taking my gas on the 7/12/19.. I have absolutely no idea at this moment who is supplying my gas. I have learnt a very important lesson here, these newer smaller company's may be a little cheaper but they don't know their !!!! from their Elbow. I thought switching was a hassle free process! Once this issue has been resolved I will immediately switch back to British Gas.
    so to clarify Igloo Energy are rubbish and so are Out Fox the Market.
    Regards
    Carl
  • Igloo_Energy
    chill6834 wrote: »
    Based on reviews/price I decided to switch from out fox the market to igloo energy. I provided my final readings and Via email Igloo notified me that my gas would switch on the 7/12/19 & electric would switch on 12/12/19. Today I noticed that I have been billed by both Out Fox The Market and Igloo for my gas for the same period. I contacted OFTM who said they still had control of may account as Igloo had not yet taken over. I rang Igloo who said they took over may gas on the 18/12/19 ,, but i'd received an email saying they were taking my gas on the 7/12/19.. I have absolutely no idea at this moment who is supplying my gas. I have learnt a very important lesson here, these newer smaller company's may be a little cheaper but they don't know their !!!! from their Elbow. I thought switching was a hassle free process! Once this issue has been resolved I will immediately switch back to British Gas.
    so to clarify Igloo Energy are rubbish and so are Out Fox the Market.
    Regards
    Carl

Hi Carl,

Thanks for getting in contact with us.

Firstly, we would like to apologise for the issues regarding your switch. We intend to make the switching process a smooth as possible and I'm sorry if this has not been the case for you.

When you switch over, your opening meter readings are sent off for verification. These are then agreed with your previous supplier to ensure the reading we open your account on matches the reading your previous supplier final bills you to. This way, you should never pay twice for any energy you have used.

We take your first payment when we start supplying your energy, this is to ensure your winter bills are being covered by the credit that is in the account. However, if your previous supplier did not stop your direct debit when you switched away, they may have taken a further payment whilst they are waiting to receive the verified closing reading.

We would love to look into this further for you and aim to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Please can you either send us a private message with your full name and address. Alternatively, if you would like to call our team on 0333 405 5555 we can discuss this with you over the phone.

Best Wishes
    Jordan
  • rob47
    rob47 Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 January 2020 at 9:44PM
    Been with igloo just approaching 3 months
    So simple to switch no issues what so ever
    We are so pleased!!
    No tie in so can leave when ever
    There is a app to get for-your mobile if you want so you can see your bills
    Sent my meter reading got the bill with 1/2 hr
    Give them a try you will not regret it
    Any credit on your bill-you get 3%
  • Nuggy96
    Nuggy96 Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Been with Igloo since 20th December, not great. Sent them my meter readings on 15th December, still not received final bill (not been 6 weeks) but waiting on the ever so slow data collector. I also have not received my first bill yet since joining. All very quiet. Worrying.
  • In the process of switching from OVO to Igloo Energy (started January 2nd) but having problems persuading them that my Secure Liberty 100 smart meter reading for R01 is my night reading and the R02 is my day reading when the Data Collector has them the opposite way round. Anyone else had this problem? I've had several email exchanges from helpful helpdesk team but despite sending photos and link to videos they've not sorted it yet!
  • Igloo_Energy
    edited 12 February 2020 at 1:08PM
    Simond said:
    In the process of switching from OVO to Igloo Energy (started January 2nd) but having problems persuading them that my Secure Liberty 100 smart meter reading for R01 is my night reading and the R02 is my day reading when the Data Collector has them the opposite way round. Anyone else had this problem? I've had several email exchanges from helpful helpdesk team but despite sending photos and link to videos they've not sorted it yet!
    Hi Simond, thanks for the message. We're really sorry to hear about this and want to sort this for you. When you can please send us an email to team@igloo.energy or give us a call on 0333 405 5555, our opening hours are between 9:00-5:30 Monday to Friday. Many thanks - Ryan. 
  • Simond said:
    In the process of switching from OVO to Igloo Energy (started January 2nd) but having problems persuading them that my Secure Liberty 100 smart meter reading for R01 is my night reading and the R02 is my day reading when the Data Collector has them the opposite way round. Anyone else had this problem? I've had several email exchanges from helpful helpdesk team but despite sending photos and link to videos they've not sorted it yet!
    Hi Simond, thanks for the message. We're really sorry to hear about this and want to sort this for you. When you can please send us an email to team@igloo.energy or give us a call on 0333 405 5555, our opening hours are between 9:00-5:30 Monday to Friday. Many thanks - Ryan. 
    Hi Ryan, thanks for the reply.
    I already have a ticket open for this (667398) and sent a video this morning as requested.
    regards,
    Simon
  • Simond said:
    Simond said:
    Hi Ryan, thanks for the reply.
    I already have a ticket open for this (667398) and sent a video this morning as requested.
    regards,
    Simon
    just an update to say a Igloo "have now raised a dispute" on February 13th and it may take up to 4 weeks. Not sure who the dispute is raised with maybe OVO or perhaps the Data Collector?  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback