Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • adrianddev
    • By adrianddev 16th Jan 20, 9:39 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    adrianddev
    UC Mandatory Reconsideration - Can payments be backdated?
    • 16th Jan 20, 9:39 AM
    UC Mandatory Reconsideration - Can payments be backdated? 16th Jan 20 at 9:39 AM
    We've just received a positive decision after 9 months waiting for the Mandatory Reconsideration (Universal Credit).

My partner has originally failed the Habitual test, meaning I was the only one on the UC account and our payments were lower.

They've now changed their decision and increased the payments from now on.
    However there's no mention of any payments being backdated.

I saw this on the CitizensAdvice website:

What happens when the decision has been reconsidered

When the decision has been looked at again it will either remain the same or be changed by revision. Revision means that if the decision is changed, you will get any backdated benefit you're owed to the date of the original decision.
    This was totally their mistake and my partner should have been on the account right from the beginning (9 months ago). Are we allowed for any payments to be backdated? If so, is there anything we need to do to claim those?

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • tomtom256
    • By tomtom256 16th Jan 20, 6:44 PM
    • 1,355 Posts
    • 2,099 Thanks
    tomtom256
    • 16th Jan 20, 6:44 PM
    • 16th Jan 20, 6:44 PM
    When was he deemd to be habitually resident?

Is it from the start of the claim or more recent?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,633Posts Today

8,561Users online

Martin's Twitter