“Look After My Bills”

Options

Comments

• dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Look after my Bills is a business, and like all businesses there has to be a profit in it for them somewhere.

Take a look at the at Switchwithwhich website, which declares up front which suppliers pay them a referral.fee, and more to the point, those that don't pay referral fees - Then take a guess as to which suppliers LAMB will switch their customers to.

A constant theme on this site is OP's who have had real problems where they have allowed Landlords & Letting Agents to set up their Energy accounts/meter readings
    The golden rule is to never let a Third Party stand between you and the Company who's bill you have to pay
  • OPMDaze
    OPMDaze Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Isn't this what Secure Homes used to do donkeys years ago? As said not a new thing at all.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    More or less SH did the majority of household billing for you .
  • pippers
    Options
    Love the idea, so why can I just not bring myself to do it... ?
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are quite a few of these companies knocking around. here's one:
    https://oneutilitybill.co/

I recall my local Water Company setting up something like this, with a similar name, some years ago. The whole thing went TU when customer billing went haywire. merlin 139 has the same attitude to this as my own: -

" I thinks its for people who cannot be bothered to spend anytime looking to see if they can save money. "
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OP, in the time you have spent posting on here, you could have checked out half a dozen comparison sites, including the CEC, which would not even require to leave this one. As Golden Earring said, back in the day, "Switching is easy".
  • MrsGrey
    MrsGrey Posts: 80 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm hesitant to even post about this -- expecting a big pile-on about what an idiot I am for even using them. But I did. So it could be helpful to report that they are seemingly overwhelmed with customers, and also they have recently tried to switch 10,000 customers to People's Energy, who are unable to cope. Result, many phone calls, and such a delay that my current tariff has ended and I'm now on the dreaded Standard Variable -- fiasco. I'm leaving.

Ready for your scorn...
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Quite apart from the fact that you won't get the very best deals, many energy companies won't accept referrals from them. They know that such customers will be extra fickle, so it's not worth bothering with all the extra admin and aggro.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    doesn't mse do this?
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • arthur2
    arthur2 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :mad: I foolishly gave them my details some time ago, probably October. In early November the MSE Energy Club recommended Scottish Power, and I initiated a switch, which duly completed 26/11/2019. On Christmas Day (really!) I received an email from LAMB telling me they were about to switch me. Unfortunately, they were switching me to a company (Together Energy) who are clearly more expensive than what I had chosen with SP.

I emailed saying I wished to stay with SP. LAMB wanted my date of birth to stop, but I had no recollection of ever giving them it, so I refused.

I have now spent over two weeks telling both SP, LAMB and Together Energy, that I am staying with SP. Today I told them that if they failed to go away I would notify Ofgem.
    --
    Arthur
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family