PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• turbo5019
    turbo5019 Posts: 331 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OrkneyStar wrote: »
    I use reusable wipes at least 50% of the time now, and you can just use water/olive oil/drop baby shampoo mix to wipe with, or even just water. The wipes were 80p odd each and they have been used numerous times

Hi Orkney Star where did you get the reusable wipe from. I use reusable nappies but not wipes.

Had another NSD thats 2 in a row :T although june GC doesn't start till tomorrow going to try to stay away from the shops as long as poss. Freezer and cupboards are full and DH is away for another 3 weeks so just me and DD(2).

Good luck to everyone
    GC July £250/
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    My Local MR S is closing for refurb for a week so went today purposely to get the whoopsies, what a nightmare:eek:

Word got out that only the dated 30/31 may meat was going to be reduced and the rest to go to another shop so this guy went like a mad man along the meat and grabbed a trolley full of meat and waited for it to be reduced:rolleyes: then there was the chicken fresh sliced meat, the whoopsie lady reduced them and this lady just took the whole lot not caring about us waiting:eek: then the pizzas she did the same and then the pies by that time I said 'oh come on this is not fair' so three of us helped each other, one was after the quiches, I got them for her, the other the steak pies and pasties, I got them for her and when it came to what I wanted they helped me.
    It really was disgraceful behaviour, it is not as if we were going to starve, everyone wants a bargain but this was a nightmare:eek:

Get paid tomorrow so bang in on £350 like I wanted for May and hopefully £300 for june as have so much.

Moving soon so I guess will have to use the frozen stuff as the freezer then has to be left 24 hours unplugged.... will still leave me with masses of cupboard stuff
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • wiseowl1
    wiseowl1 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Havent signed up for this before. Does it include all spending or just food/supermarket stuff?
    I estimate £300 per month would cover food but I spend at least £100 aweek on other things like Guides, cricket, clothes, diesel in which case my months budget would be more like £800!!!
    Help!
  • lday77
    lday77 Posts: 320 Forumite
    well the one i made the other day was a disaster, i won't be making that one again in a hurry!!
    this one is the best one i've found but i haven't microwaved it, only done it in the oven......its absolutely gorgeous!! you don't have to use natural yogurt, any flavour will do, and i used sunflower oil cos i don't have veg oil in my kitchen
    i made one today, and i'm dying for a piece, but it tastes more chocolatey after a day or two of being wrapped in foil, so i have to resist :D

Thanks v v v much mandy_moo I'm gonna make this at the weekend it looks lush!!!:p
    Murphy's No More Pies Member No. 28 on hold
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    turbo5019 wrote: »
    Hi Orkney Star where did you get the reusable wipe from. I use reusable nappies but not wipes.

Had another NSD thats 2 in a row :T although june GC doesn't start till tomorrow going to try to stay away from the shops as long as poss. Freezer and cupboards are full and DH is away for another 3 weeks so just me and DD(2).

Good luck to everyone
    I got the wipes from a website called www.babykind.co.uk, although other places will do them too I imagine. They are fleece on one side, coloured terry on the other. I think there are other types for sale on that website and some people even make their own :) You can buy special wash concentrate or as a said make your own/use water. I too use reusable nappies.
    hth
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• turbo5019
    turbo5019 Posts: 331 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    OrkneyStar wrote: »
    I got the wipes from a website called www.babykind.co.uk, although other places will do them to I imagine. They are fleece on one side, coloured terry on the other. I think there are other types for sale on that website and some people even make their own :) You can buy special wash concentrate or as a said make your own/use water. I too use reusable nappies.
    hth
    Thanks for that I will have a look
    GC July £250/
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Evening all, I would also like to know about the re usable Wipes, even though my daughter is now potty trained in the day (have not took her out without a nappy on as she wets) but last night i put her bed with nappy on to realise she had took it off and was asleep. This was 2 am so i woke her up and she was dry, stuck her on potty..woke this monring and checked her bed and she had not wet!
    Im so happy, that i have let her have no nappy on tonight, but she will proberly wet - she has had no drinks though since 6pm and it was only small.
    Funny thing is if she is dry most of the nights then i need to work on her brother who is nearly 4 as he still wets at night and has a nappy on.
    Oh and my daughter is only just turned 2!

Anyways i only came on to say i amhaving spag bol for tea and used 500g mince and theres enough for me and my DS2 tonight, portion each tomorrow for kids, and 2 portions for kids in freezer.
    Will pasta keep till tomorrow for thier tea once cooked, il keep it in
    fridge?

Ok back to eating now :)
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • mumzyof2 wrote: »
    Evening all, I would also like to know about the re usable Wipes, even though my daughter is now potty trained in the day (have not took her out without a nappy on as she wets) but last night i put her bed with nappy on to realise she had took it off and was asleep. This was 2 am so i woke her up and she was dry, stuck her on potty..woke this monring and checked her bed and she had not wet!
    Im so happy, that i have let her have no nappy on tonight, but she will proberly wet - she has had no drinks though since 6pm and it was only small.
    Funny thing is if she is dry most of the nights then i need to work on her brother who is nearly 4 as he still wets at night and has a nappy on.
    Oh and my daughter is only just turned 2!

Anyways i only came on to say i amhaving spag bol for tea and used 500g mince and theres enough for me and my DS2 tonight, portion each tomorrow for kids, and 2 portions for kids in freezer.
    fridge?

Yes I keep pasta in bowl covered with clingfilm otherwise it dries out, and use next day no problem When I usually cook pasta I always do too much and use next day in salad.
    I too cooked spag bol today and lasagne and a batch of hobnobs;)

I know what you mean my oldest was still not dry at night at 5 (despite being dry in day since 3) yet her younger sister was dry day and night by 2 and 1/2!!
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• I mean to say in the fridge in a covered bowl.
    Thanks to MSE savings we got to go to Disneyworld Florida.

• kbl
    kbl Posts: 340 Forumite
    mumzyof2 wrote: »
    fridge?

Hiya, pasta will def keep, I usually make extra of both pasta and spag bol, the stuff not used I mix together and put in lasagne dish, reheat next day with grated cheese on top, delish if I do say so myself :D . I usually find that if I use 500g mince, 2 tins chopped tom (Lidl, 21c), large onion, mixed peppers, mixed herbs and tom puree, can get two decent dinners out of that for my gang of 4 fussy hoovers.
    Credit card €7892.36/€ 0
    Catalogues €767.52/€ 0
    hospital costs €550
    wtshtf fund 0/ €2000
    #13 1% challenge - 0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts