*Warning* Banggood

A warning about Banggood delivery, it just doesn't happen.

I was given a 30 day delivery timescale which then turned into a 'we will ship' within 30 days which then turned into a shipping date after the 30 day time frame and 14 days after that the item had still not shown as having been shipped so I cancelled.

I got my money back - well almost, because of currency exchange rates I lost over £1 on the deal.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Christmas is around the corner multiple fails on Chinese goods / deliverys posts .
  • Don't buy cheap crap from China?
  • Don't buy cheap crap from China?

Or if you do, expect equally crap customer service.
    You may be surprised and get good value items and equally good customer service but when paying pennies for items, this is far from guaranteed.
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I’ve never had a failed delivery from banggood, or AliExpress for that matter
    :beer:
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    Forumite
    Had stuff not arrive from Chinese sellers. Maybe they didnt post it, maybe it got lost in the post or maybe customs seized it. Who knows its teh risk.

Ordered more stuff today, delivery estimates seem longer than normal, maybe its just the sellers of this gadget? Or maybe its because its getting close to xmas?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

203846930 Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    Christmas is around the corner multiple fails on Chinese goods / deliverys posts .

I don't know when you think christmas starts but in my book it is not the beginning of October, so that excuse is out of the window.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,517
    Forumite
    Except some items i purchased the other day show an expected delivery of Jan 3rd.

Tried to pick ones where thats the latest but they do seem to be longer delivery times than usual.

Rather wait than pay double for the same item.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Never had any problems with China based sellers. "Chinese crap" is sold universally in the U.K. by big name sellers anyway. So why pay more for the same stuff? What isn't Chinese made nowadays anyway?

In fact, a recent AliExpress order of mine was not showing any tracking nor has it been delivered. AliExpress refunded the full amount paid, without question, after I opened a dispute..
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281
    Forumite
    I don't know when you think christmas starts but in my book it is not the beginning of October, so that excuse is out of the window.

Dont get out much then .
    Shops etc start Christmas circa August .
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Kingsd316 wrote: »
    I’ve never had a failed delivery from banggood, or AliExpress for that matter

Had a couple from Ali over the summer. Weirdly both went to addresses on the other side of the country from me so I assume I'd been mixed up with another order.
    Refunded immediately.

I order a fair bit from them, mostly random crap (case in point a toothpick crossbow) and rarely have problems but I keep in mind that this is a Chinese item and don't spend more than I'm happy to lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure