:mad:Healthy Living Direct Limited
Gardenability Limited
Timeless Beauty Limited
Sparkling Touches Limited
Home Independence Limited
Affordable Choices Limited
Fashion Friendly Limited
Housewares Direct Limited

Are all companies with the same address of Wadsworth Road, Driffield, East Yorkshire YO25 9DJ

:jTHEY ARE SCAMMERS WHO DEBIT YOUR ACCOUNT BUT DO NOT SEND YOU THE ITEMS YOU ORDERED.:j

:rotfl:THEY TARGET VULNERABLE PEOPLE BY HARASSING THEM WITH POST, WITH THE PROMISE OF A PRIZE, WHICH INCREASES EACH WEEK AND GET MORE AND MORE DEMANDING AND AGGRESSIVE.:rotfl:

I ordered a mock twin set from Fashion Friendly in the Saturday TV magazine we get. After about a month I realised that I had not received it and yet my account had been debited. THEY ARE RELYING ON YOU FORGETTING AND NOT CHECKING YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.

If you get any post from any of these companies, cut out your details and throw it away. Be very vigilant with your elderly parents or grandparents and throw away any post they receive from these bogus companies.

If you check any of them in the Government Companies House Check, you will see they have all been incorporated as so-called dormant companies, which means they only file £3 Annual Accounts. All these companies have the same 5 Directors and all these companies have the same MO in that they never fulfil an order but will always Debit your bank account. They should be stopped forthwith.

Another company they operate is Kingstown Associates (Holdings) Limited. This Company is acting for the American Director of the Bits & Pieces catalogue. It operates the same MO as above so, if you get this catalogue in the post, tear out your details and bin it.:mad:

Comments

• BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It's a shame you didn't read the reviews before ordering.

Have you contacted them regarding the order? How did you pay?
  • I ordered online and they debited me straightaway but didn’t have the items in stock. I don’t think they ever had. After I told them that they had no right to debit me before sending me the twin set, they credited back the money.

However, ever since then, I have been bombarded with letters and catalogues from their other companies. They’ll get the message eventually.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    There's a thread here that warns about that company:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2689247&highlight=healthy+living+direct

I always do research about any new company that I am thinking of doing business with.
    It's a good concept.

Also, it's a good idea to check your bank and credit card statements regularly.
  • I also found out that you cannot delete your account that you registered with any of their companies when buying online. So I played them at their own game and changed my name to “Mr Iwontbe Conned”, put their address of Wadsworth Road and their telephone number as mine and changed my email to “iwontbeconned@hotmail.com”, which doesn’t exist but it accepted it.
  • AllNancy
    AllNancy Posts: 284 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I recently placed an order with Fashion Friendly aka Kingston Associates etc etc etc. and it's been just over a week, so we will see. Usually I'm very careful but I've been caught twice now. Never again!

I got caught by Fashion Friendly because a booklet was stapled inside a copy of My Weekly and I trusted the magazine to check out these companies. They obviously don't! Surely they should be more responsible?

If things go pear shaped then there will be a letter winging it's way to the editor!
    Nancy 16 Membership No 147
    BR 21st.May 2008.......Discharged November 2008
    :j...so what?....... It's Life!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills