Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • soolin
    • By soolin 2nd Feb 09, 5:27 PM
    • 62,969Posts
    • 45,343Thanks
    soolin
    Fibromyalgia (part 2)
    • 2nd Feb 09, 5:27 PM
    Fibromyalgia (part 2) 2nd Feb 09 at 5:27 PM
    Starting a fresh thread as promised.

Thank you
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Page 203
    • purplecatlover
    • By purplecatlover 21st Aug 09, 11:19 AM
    • 6,576 Posts
    • 78,011 Thanks
    purplecatlover
    hope he does sort things out again sue if thats what is best all round. families can be such hard work cant they. i hope despite him being here ou manage a quiet day with no more hassle.
    • bigzippy
    • By bigzippy 21st Aug 09, 11:53 AM
    • 4,033 Posts
    • 15,643 Thanks
    bigzippy
    Aaaaaaww how sweet is DF!!!!!!!
    Originally posted by kassandra
    Very

bz hope you managed some sleep despite df being sweet and cuddling. hope you dont have an infection starting, you really dont need another one, though if you have to ahve another one before the wedding i guess now is better than in two weeks time.
    Originally posted by purplecatlover
    Agreed. I think it's the abcess that's messing up my system tbh, and all the running round I'm doing for the wedding o'course :rolleyes:

tria i had a friend who had a cat who did that, the most sweetest lovely natured cat i have ever met, i wonder if she was a ragdoll.
    Lol, maybe Buddy puppy's one too...?

Morning all, more hassle at home, ds1 came round to stay last night after another row with his girlfriend, he's gon back today to get the rest of his stuff but Im hoping they will sort things out again. I just feel sorry for my dg as this is happening almost every other week lately. Families
    Originally posted by suep
    Hopoe it's sorted pronto suep and that Dh stops sulking

Still trying to psyche myself up for the suit fitting with nephew...
    "I am indelibly stained by hope and longing" - Nuts in May
  • kassandra
    kass yup the siamese are the really thin ones, creamy white with black pointing i think its called on thier face and short hair. my aunt used to breed them. hope the kids didnt get you up too early, or they let you go back for a nap this morning. hows charlie these days?
    enjoy the pilates today
    Well I caught them this morning after they had just stuffed Charlies into a small cupboard. I'm absolutely furious with them and assured them that I'm going to tell everyone I meet what horrible animal abusers they are
    Thing is, Charlie is so tolerant and I sometimes wish he would bite or scratch them to teach them a lesson. Don't get me wrong, they don't normally shove him in cupboards but they just don't leave him alone. They carry him about like a toy and I can tell he doesn't like it cos he always looks a bit perplexed but he makes no attempt to get away!! He can't hate them though, cos the amount of times he goes and sprawls himself all over them and goes to sleep, states that at some level he actually likes them! DD2 was laid on her side the other day and he managed to balance himself on her side with legs and arms dangling down at either side of her. He looked like he was asleep on a washing line! Then yesterday he got himself into some position on her lap that I wouldn't have thought a cotortionist would have got into. She was cradling him and saying he looked like a baby and he looked proper uncomfortable but he was fast asleep! That's my rant over for today. Bet you wish you hadn't asked

Morning all, more hassle at home, ds1 came round to stay last night after another row with his girlfriend, he's gon back today to get the rest of his stuff but Im hoping they will sort things out again. I just feel sorry for my dg as this is happening almost every other week lately. Families
    Originally posted by suep
    Aaaaaah families, don't get me started on that today!! Didn't get in until 4.30 this morning cos of mine!!
    I bet it's hard for you to keep a neutral mind. I always think it's harder for mums with their boys and dads with their girls (with the exception of my father obviously!) As long as dg is kept in the dark as much as possible. I hope things get a bit easier soon *hug*
    • purplecatlover
    • By purplecatlover 21st Aug 09, 12:34 PM
    • 6,576 Posts
    • 78,011 Thanks
    purplecatlover
    kass if it annoyed charlie that much he would attempt to get away and would scratch them if they didnt leave him alone, and he would steer clear of them instead of snuggling with them, dont worry about that.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 21st Aug 09, 1:11 PM
    • 10,969 Posts
    • 120,539 Thanks
    LameWolf
    ((((Sue)))) you poor thing, so much family stress on top of your poorly head. Has DH come out of his sulk yet? Have you at least established what he's sulking about? I don't know, sometimes it's best just to let them go into their metaphorical cave, and leave them to it. My ex could sulk for England; luckily Mr LW doesn't.
    Hopefully DS1 will get hi situation sorted out, too. Try not to let it get to you, mate.

BZ best of luck with the suit fittings. I suppose there's no point in telling you to build some rest time into the day? No, thought not.

Kass I'd have shut the kids in the cupboard, and see how they like it!! Poor little Charlie. Still, as Pcl says, if he really hated it, he's struggle.

I hope Auntie Axe, s/e and Unity are enjoying their holidays.

to everyone else.

I had to break off partway through typing this as Peggy Sue wanted to go out in the garden. I'll miss her when she goes home on Monday.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
  • kassandra
    Kass I'd have shut the kids in the cupboard, and see how they like it!! Poor little Charlie. Still, as Pcl says, if he really hated it, he's struggle.
    Originally posted by LameWolf
    Don't tempt me!! They are currently recieving the step treatment.
  • Careful with that Axe
    'Ow do all
    bz Not an infection, please! Seriously hope you start to feel better soon. Reassure me you are having a couple of quiet days before the wedding, dude.
    Missing catching up with you.

sue Will be travelling back late on Friday I think, so a week today. If you need to vent, feel free to email me, or I can send you my mobile numnber - I'm fast running out of credit and can't top up with my network here so can't ring you.
    How's your head, never mind everyone else?

kass, pcl is right - if Charlie is unhappy, he'll let his feelings known. Poor little man stuck in a cupboard though.

Funny old weather here today. No sooner did I splash out of a sweatshirt to snuggle up in than the sun came out. Still having a good time and s/e hasn't ended up over the quayside or upside down in the recycling bin yet. Is actually working quite well as have chill out time alone as well as trips out together.
    Hugs to all, specially poorly-feeling ones.

lw Have you attempted the choccie bread yet?? Pleased to hear bed has been thoroughly tested *g*
    Last edited by Careful with that Axe; 21-08-2009 at 9:28 PM.
    I must go, I have lives to ruin and hearts to break

My attitude depends on my Latitude 49 55' 0" N 6 19' 60 W
    • bigzippy
    • By bigzippy 21st Aug 09, 9:45 PM
    • 4,033 Posts
    • 15,643 Thanks
    bigzippy
    BZ best of luck with the suit fittings. I suppose there's no point in telling you to build some rest time into the day? No, thought not.
    Originally posted by LameWolf
    Cheers dude. Lol, it's been pretty hectic today but me and DF went out for tea with t'other B2B and her DF which was nice Hoping on an early night with DF tonight. It's his stag do tomorrow (paintballing and then out for a jar or two I think) and I'm really hoping he'll have a good time - a lot of people have dropped and/or made no effort for him for it... including his "Best Man". Can't tell you how much that pees me off, esp on the back of him barely even taking me on...ever. On the upside, my hair trial is tomorrow...Eek!

kass if it annoyed charlie that much he would attempt to get away and would scratch them if they didnt leave him alone, and he would steer clear of them instead of snuggling with them, dont worry about that.
    Wot she said
    • bigzippy
    • By bigzippy 21st Aug 09, 9:51 PM
    • 4,033 Posts
    • 15,643 Thanks
    bigzippy
    'Ow do all
    bz Not an infection, please! Seriously hope you start to feel better soon. Reassure me you are having a couple of quiet days before the wedding, dude.
    Missing catching up with you.
    Originally posted by Careful with that Axe
    I know, I know. I was really hoping to have all this running round done before now...unfortunately not. Altho I have given DF a to do list with his name in big red capital letters next to all the tasks I want him to undertake! He's working his way through it too, bless him. Some of the stuff left is all the personalised touches, which I guess wouldn't be the end of the world if didn't happen I'm waiting on someone else who works a ridiculous amount and has a young baby tho, so can't push it too much. I think I'll have a look at the Order of Service again tomorrow, while DF's out and see if I can't get that dusted...

Missing catching up with you too dude. Sorry. I figured you wouldn't be online that much so not done any emails
    • black paw
    • By black paw 21st Aug 09, 11:42 PM
    • 1,775 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    black paw
    wot 3 weeks to go ! how fast is that clock going , what sort of hair syle are you having bigzippy ?
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
    • bigzippy
    • By bigzippy 22nd Aug 09, 1:11 AM
    • 4,033 Posts
    • 15,643 Thanks
    bigzippy
    wot 3 weeks to go ! how fast is that clock going , what sort of hair syle are you having bigzippy ?
    Originally posted by black paw
    Tell me about it!!!
    And...fab news...I've just worked out (and hope I'm not wrong!) that I've managed to bring this wedding in at 1k under budget!! A full 20% less than I budgetted!! (Of course I'm now really hoping my maths isn't faulty!!)

I'm not super sure about the hairstyle yet, mainly because I've not seen it attempted on me yet by the hairstylist (that's tomorrow) and because when I have my hair down it seems to make me really hot - and sweaty a pretty bride does not make! But I think I'm going for curly, half up, with little bits of curlyness at the front I did say no tiara, but t'other B2B has given me a sort of tiara crossed with a hair slide, so I might try that
    • purplecatlover
    • By purplecatlover 22nd Aug 09, 7:13 AM
    • 6,576 Posts
    • 78,011 Thanks
    purplecatlover
    morning all

bz
    hope you and the stylest get the hair sorted today and you end up really happy with it. will there be pictures of the trial? hope df has a good time at his stag do too, wtf to his best man not bothering thats so not right imo unless he lives miles away or something.

cwta you didnt tell us how the horse riding went so how was it? i assume no injuries or you would have said.

sue hope your feeling better, any word on the laptop?

kass did you manage pilates yesterday? soon the kids will be back at school, 2 weeks left now?
    • purplecatlover
    • By purplecatlover 22nd Aug 09, 7:14 AM
    • 6,576 Posts
    • 78,011 Thanks
    purplecatlover
    bz well done being under budget by that much!
    • black paw
    • By black paw 22nd Aug 09, 8:38 AM
    • 1,775 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    black paw
    moey saving expert
    Tell me about it!!!
    And...fab news...I've just worked out (and hope I'm not wrong!) that I've managed to bring this wedding in at 1k under budget!! A full 20% less than I budgetted!! (Of course I'm now really hoping my maths isn't faulty!!)

I'm not super sure about the hairstyle yet, mainly because I've not seen it attempted on me yet by the hairstylist (that's tomorrow) and because when I have my hair down it seems to make me really hot - and sweaty a pretty bride does not make! But I think I'm going for curly, half up, with little bits of curlyness at the front I did say no tiara, but t'other B2B has given me a sort of tiara crossed with a hair slide, so I might try that
    Originally posted by bigzippy
    well done under budget ! can use the money after for some thing you really need this is a real money saving expert
    the hair style, do sounds real nice , the hair slide is a good idea , perhaps take some picture's of the different hair's style's you can have and choose the best one you like ? have fun !
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
    • bigzippy
    • By bigzippy 22nd Aug 09, 2:42 PM
    • 4,033 Posts
    • 15,643 Thanks
    bigzippy
    bz hope you and the stylest get the hair sorted today and you end up really happy with it. will there be pictures of the trial? hope df has a good time at his stag do too, wtf to his best man not bothering thats so not right imo unless he lives miles away or something.
    I am happy with it It was quicker than I was expecting too and she's really nice. We've tried a few out...and I took pics of course I'll upload them in a mo...
    The best man is well out of order imo. He's now moaning about not being able to pay for his suit etc too, yet he's took a full week off (part time bar) work for no reason, when imho he could work through it for the extra money! It pees me off somewhat, esp as he is rather ignorant towards me :rolleyes:

well done under budget ! can use the money after for some thing you really need this is a real money saving expert
    the hair style, do sounds real nice , the hair slide is a good idea , perhaps take some picture's of the different hair's style's you can have and choose the best one you like ? have fun !
    Originally posted by black paw
    Cheers I'm rather impressed myself!! It means we don't have to stress out too much about money on our honeymoon and that we still have a safety net/beginning of a baby fund left after the wedding, which makes me feel much happier!
    I've taken a pic of each different style she tried, and I think we're sorted The slide works out much better too as the reason I chose not to have a tiara was because I didn't want the hairsore scalp pain of one, which the slide doesn't inflict...Hurrah! I shall upload the pics and show yous
    • bigzippy
    • By bigzippy 22nd Aug 09, 3:07 PM
    • 4,033 Posts
    • 15,643 Thanks
    bigzippy
    Piccies
    Hair trial pics... Let me know what your favourite is... and bear in mind I have no makeup on!! (then I'll tell you my favourite )

Think I'm going to go mess with make up and see what it looks like all together...
    • purplecatlover
    • By purplecatlover 22nd Aug 09, 3:21 PM
    • 6,576 Posts
    • 78,011 Thanks
    purplecatlover
    i think style 2 is my fav followed by style 1
    • black paw
    • By black paw 22nd Aug 09, 3:56 PM
    • 1,775 Posts
    • 1,147 Thanks
    black paw
    all very nice and the backs are lovely but if i must choose, is no3 front with no 4 back ....hids under the bed .....
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 22nd Aug 09, 3:57 PM
    • 10,969 Posts
    • 120,539 Thanks
    LameWolf
    lw Have you attempted the choccie bread yet?? Pleased to hear bed has been thoroughly tested *g*
    Originally posted by Careful with that Axe
    Not yet I'm afraid. I've been desperately tired this week, to the extent of doing daft things - f'r instance I nearly put milk in the powder dispenser drawer of the washing machine this morning. Also I've had little Peggy Sue to watch - she needs care and attention because she's blind, bless her. Hopefully soon though; actually, that's just reminded me I must check that I have all the ingredients; I'm sending Mr LW to Morrisons on Monday anyway, so he can pick up anything I'm missing. (No, I know they don't do brain cells).:rolleyes:

On the upside, my hair trial is tomorrow...Eek!
    Originally posted by bigzippy
    Ooh, I am so tempted to ask if it got a custodial sentence or just a fine. Seriously though, I vote for Style 3 followed by Style 2.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 22nd Aug 09, 5:06 PM
    • 62,969 Posts
    • 45,343 Thanks
    soolin
    This thread has got a bit long again so rather than have people struggle to load it I'll close it and start the thread again as 'part 3'.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,232Posts Today

4,762Users online

Martin's Twitter