Barclays Switch offer 1st July-30th November 2019

Options

Comments

• 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Very easy to switch via the app - just type in sort code and account number of your donor account, and then the long card number and exp date of the card for that account and it's done.
  • JustAnotherSaver
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Very easy to switch via the app - just type in sort code and account number of your donor account, and then the long card number and exp date of the card for that account and it's done.
    So new customers don't necessarily need to go in branch?

Or it that for existing customers that you're on about?
  • 20SmthngSver
    20SmthngSver Posts: 512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is it only for switches by the way? Can you just open an account and turn on rewards to get double rewards?
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it only for switches by the way?

Yes.
    Can you just open an account and turn on rewards to get double rewards?

No.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Is it only for switches by the way? Can you just open an account and turn on rewards to get double rewards?
    Yes, only for switches.
    No, if you don't have an existing Barclays current account you need to open one and switch a non Barclays current account to the new account. You need to have Blue rewards applying on the Barclays account but (if I remember correctly) that is done as part of the account opening process.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I already have a current account with the existing double rewards if you switch offer.

Could anyone clarify if:

a) I have to open a second current account, activate blue rewards and switch to this new, second, current account.
    b) Initiate another switch to my existing current account (already blue rewards activated) and do not need to open a second current account.
    c) Something else.

The wording on their website seems unclear.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    I already have a current account with the existing double rewards if you switch offer.

Could anyone clarify if:

a) I have to open a second current account, activate blue rewards and switch to this new, second, current account.
    b) Initiate another switch to my existing current account (already blue rewards activated) and do not need to open a second current account.
    c) Something else.

The wording on their website seems unclear.

Closely looking at the T&Cs suggests that you can only have one double rewards offer active on a single account at any one time: https://www.barclays.co.uk/important-information/blue-rewards-terms-and-conditions/. It sounds like it just resets the 12 month timer on the double rewards offer.
    5. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional rewards or cashback offer, including any other Double or Treble Rewards offer, except where expressly permitted by us. This offer supersedes/replaces any previous Double or Treble Blue Rewards Offer that you may be participating in.

I'm curious though if anyone has an experience on getting Blue Rewards on multiple Barclays accounts? The T&Cs in my mind suggest that it should be possible, as long as the criteria are met on every account? https://www.barclays.co.uk/current-accounts/blue-rewards/
    To join and remain eligible for Barclays Blue Rewards, you’ll need to have £800 paid into your Barclays current account and pay the £4 fee each month. Rewards are paid monthly into your Blue Rewards Wallet. There’s one wallet per Barclays current account per customer. Terms and conditions apply. Learn more here.

Not sure if the point above in bold suggests that there is one rewards wallet per customer for every eligible current account, or only one reward wallet per customer period. If anyone has any experience here, I'd be interested to hear
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I’ve not been paid or charged for for my rewards this month.
    Barclays said they are having technical issues and it should be paid by Friday. One account with them is stressful enough !
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2019 at 1:59PM
    Options
    Switching via the app for existing account holders as you need to have an account to register the app and use it.

Go into the app, click 'products' and then 'current account offers'. Fill in the donor account details. You will switch into your existing Barclays account.

Switched via the app got a text next day confirming switch underway

PS you switch into your existing current account that has already got blue rewards active. No need to open a second Barclays account
  • No_Name
    No_Name Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    I remember last year that as an existing non-current account customer, I would have had to apply online for a current account, request for a switch and had to visit a branch regardless.

By the sounds of it, this year is different in that exsisting current account customers can apply for the switch via the app without having to visit a branch (but only for new current account customers?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure