What is there to do and see in and about Glasgow?

Comments

• Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    THANKS for all the suggestions! I am really looking forward to going!
  • Jo4
    Forumite
    We went to Glasgow and had a fabulous time. The people were extremely friendly. There was an entertainer outside Buchanan Galleries and we watched him 2 evenings in a row, he was that good.

We only had one problem the entire time we were there and it happened on the last day, we had to go home :( :sad: , but at least we can go back again and we hope to next year, :j :T :beer: :rotfl:!!
  • Mrs_J_3
    Mrs_J_3 Posts: 107 Forumite
    :T Yeah, so glad you enjoyed yourself! The weather's been, shall we say, a touch miserbale at the moment, but it's still a great city to visit. So what did you eventually decide to go and see?
  • I'm going to make this thread a sticky as we have such a successful similar thread on Edinburgh, so post up any and all of your favourite things to do in Glasgow and the surrounding area :)
  • Macnab
    Macnab Posts: 314 Forumite
    bokkie7975 wrote:
    I don't think anyone has mentioned the Fossil Grove, have they?
    http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Residents/Parks_Outdoors/Parks_gardens/victoriapark.htm
    This is also a handy website for tips and ideas
    http://www.seeglasgow.com/
    You can get around Glasgow on the tour bus - it's a hop-on, hop-off tour, so if anything catches your eye, you can get off and explore, then get on the next tour. http://www.scotguide.com/city_tours.htm
    I hope you have a great time.

Drove past Victoria park for the first time last week and thought it looked lovely, but after this link I shall definitely visit
    thanks!
  • Jo4
    Forumite
    Mrs_J wrote:
    :T Yeah, so glad you enjoyed yourself! The weather's been, shall we say, a touch miserbale at the moment, but it's still a great city to visit. So what did you eventually decide to go and see?

We went to Buchanan Galleries, St Enoch shopping centre, Braehead shopping centre, the Pride of the Clyde, done some sight seeing..... We need more time so next time rather than 5 days and 4 nights we are hoping to go 7 nights and 7 days!!
  • scotnan
    scotnan Posts: 636 Forumite
    WestieFan wrote:
    The Art Galleries are closed just now

Just a reminder to everyone - it's open again after the long refurbishment :)
  • there is a big place near the braehead shopping centre in glasgow called x-scape and its an amazing day out, plenty shops and restaurants and also rock climbing and ski-ing if you like!
    :j HEATHER :¬) :T
  • Glad you had a brilliant time. Glasgow gets such bad press at times but its such a beautiful city. Haven't been to the new xscape yet - is it any good?
  • its newish, only opened a few months ago but many companies opening every week so its full of stuff like the odeon/resturants/rock climbing/ ski-ing etc
    :j HEATHER :¬) :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport