Options
    It will be gone soon. :)
  • bathgatebuyer
    bathgatebuyer Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    edited 17 June 2009 at 2:54PM
    Options
    t00rna1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Cheap flights from Singaphore Airlines, its a con! this morning i done a search from info gained from MSE.com for the cheap flights advertised via Singapore airlines stating 329GBP for London to Bangkok single return and chose a random date from 24/07/09 - 24/08/09 and got a price of only "£978.70" single return!!. its a bit different from £329 advertised! i don't know how they are allowed to get away with trying to mislead the public in such a way?:mad:
    Regards t00rna1

I got 2 flights to Sydney from London in October for a little more than you were quoted for Bangkok and that includes transfers and an overnight stay in Singapore.

No con about it. This deal is giving people like me who have been put off by the price a chance to see the family they haven't seen in years. God bless Singapore Airlines :j Thanks to this offer, I'm getting to see some family who were born long after I was last over there (in 1994). And in 1994, we paid double what we're paying now.

Great deal!
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
  • bathgatebuyer
    Options
    bpmc wrote: »
    just checked the site flights to oz deffo under £400 but add taxes and surcharge works out £750 its a con

Taxes are included in the price of my flights. Without taxes, the flights comes to £170. So, wth taxes, the offer flights are well below the price you've stated.
  • gaz_jones
    gaz_jones Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    Options
    Don't forget about topcashback/quidco :)
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • spannersandbolts
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Booked flights yesterday so they are still around london-brisbane 2 nov-30nov 2 adults 1 x infant £871 all in!!! no extras

I fly singapore air as much as i can, great airline with kids as well.

We flew the same flight in Feb this year and cost us £2100!!

This really is a great fare with a great airline
  • Em79_2
    Em79_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I am so upset that I got the email about this flight sale. If only I had known a couple of days ago... I just booked a flight with airasia to KL for £330, but really about £370 once you add on meals and baggage charges etc.
    A flight to singapore would have been £306!!!!!

Wah!
  • bathgatebuyer
    Options
    Seems that those who have been lucky to have got these deals really have been lucky. I checked in the morning and there were loads of options for October. Checked with my boss about time off and by the time I went back, there was nothing left. Tried to look at November and when I went back to October, there were seats available! System crashed when I tried to pay online, but after about 20 mins on hold, the guy I spoke to managed to answer every question, put us up in a good hotel too and I really can't wait.

Sorry some people missed out and I can understand people being peeved, but really, there's no con involved as far as I can see and I'm so grateful that these prices have became available as I never ever thought I would get the chance to go back to Australia. I genuinely thought I may have seen my family out there for the last time.
  • Johnwt
    Johnwt Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    The same flights can be booked via netflights.com which is actually easier to use than Singapore's own site and shows you which dates are available - just put in which are your departure and destination airports and it will show you what dates are available. I have booked LHR to Sydney for £415.70 (inc Edinburgh to LHR totals £488.80) which compares with Malaysia's £703 for the same dates or Emirates £927.10 from Glasgow.

I first flew to Oz in 1986 via Singapore Airlilnes for £890 from LHR to Sydney rtn altho that did include a 1 night stopover inc quick tour round Singapore & across to Malaysia for a couple of hours but is still over twice the price, inc rtn from Edinburgh to LHR, that I have just paid.

This is deffo an offer not to miss up if you can afford the time and money.
  • firrybabe
    firrybabe Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    If you want the good prices you need to be a little flexible with the dates.

I managed to get a ticket for £433 return from Manchester to Sydney with Singapore Airlines. I booked my fare on Monday night.

I fly directly from Manchester to Singapore so I don't have the hassle of getting down to London. The next cheapest fare I'd found was for £412 return from Heathrow but then I would have needed to factor in my travel costs down to Heathrow.

I ended up booking via travelmood (I know a little un MSE), where a very lovely assistant spent time looking for the flights for me. She could see the cheap fares from Manchester on her screen, whereas I could only find London.

So I'm quite pleased, as usually I never get these bargain fares.

I did notice that Etihad have some good fares too at the moment, depending on how flexible your dates are.
  • 73amanda
    73amanda Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I too have bagged bargain with Singapore Airlines. My brother is getting married in NZ in February of next year. Since hearing the date have been trawling sites to find the cheapest fare for myself and my partner- which was £1200 per person... until I saw this SA deal. I tried the Singapore Airlines site on the Sunday evening myself and could do it for £1800 in total which I thought was a bargain - £400 cheaper than originally thought. However, decided to call the Flightcentre, who were able to tell me that if I was a little more flexible on my dates I could get us both out there for £1000. It did meaning leaving LDN a day later, but that was fine, but that is not a problem when you have fares to Auckland for two at a mere £1000!!! The agent did say that for each flight they have only 20 tickets at the lowest price, and then in 20 ticket lots they increase - hence you may get the cheapest fare for one passenger and then have to get the other passenger from the next ticket pool. Either way, definitely not a con and the BEST price that I have seen for the past 9 years I have lived in London for the time of the year!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure