Aquashield

Comments

• pedro67
    pedro67 Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A few properties in my area have been coated by Aquashield and the finish is most impressive. 3 - 4 years on and still no moss visible. I have now comissioned this company to coat my own roof and will post a review when the job is done.
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,853 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Wow, look at all these new members rushing to make their first post on this thread praising this company...who would believe it.... :spam: :spam: :spam:

I can only conclude that Aquashield is very dodgy and needs to post spam on internet message board to try and drum up business

:D
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
  • moonrakerz
    moonrakerz Posts: 8,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    :spam: :spam: :spam:

I can only conclude that Aquashield is very dodgy and needs to post spam on internet message board to try and drum up business

:D

VERY, VERY !
  • moonrakerz wrote: »
    VERY, VERY !

You may well be correct re: spammers and yes, this is my first post but why sit on your sceptical gluteus, assuming there are no genuine posters. If you don't believe in nor want the product in the first place, don't get it!!! Are we not meant to assist each other on the forums? What do some folk get out of slagging off someone who recommends a product or company? And where does the paranoia come from? I myself happen to be a Paramedic attempting to preserve the biggest investment I will ever make which is my bricks and mortar and not.....as suggested a spammer for any buisness. Get out more guys. :rotfl:
  • pedro67 wrote: »
    You may well be correct re: spammers and yes, this is my first post but why sit on your sceptical gluteus, assuming there are no genuine posters. If you don't believe in nor want the product in the first place, don't get it!!! Are we not meant to assist each other on the forums? What do some folk get out of slagging off someone who recommends a product or company? And where does the paranoia come from? I myself happen to be a Paramedic attempting to preserve the biggest investment I will ever make which is my bricks and mortar and not.....as suggested a spammer for any buisness. Get out more guys. :rotfl:

Seems like anyone recommending anything on here in their first post now gets the same response from these nutters.
  • moonrakerz
    same response from these nutters.

Who are the nutters ?

Someone who has seen hundreds of "first posts" on this site praising doubtful products or the one guy who says your house will last longer than the Pyramids if you paint your roof with their snake oil !

Discuss !
  • benjdr
    benjdr Posts: 219 Forumite
    aquashield use a water based acrylic coating in the UK. obviously with it being acrylic it doesnt fade.
    with them owning the patent to the product it doesnt come cheap, it isnt just a tin of paint from your local B&Q.
    prices are not the same for every property. £2500 for a semi means nothing. it all depends on the square meterage of your roof. and who gets a guaruntee with a new roof? with it being a service for the whole of the roof as well its bound to be a bit more than a few hundred quid, it isnt just the coating your paying for! washing, replacement tiles, pointing, fungicides, labour.
    id like to shake the hand of anyone who can get a brand new roof cheaper without it being from their uncle or w/e.
    hats off to aquashield in my opinion.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=alex%20palmer%20aquashield

"[SIZE=-1]Workin full time at Aquashield im a salesman £££"

[/SIZE]GAHAHAHAHAHHA
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
  • moonrakerz
    benjdr wrote: »
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=alex%20palmer%20aquashield

"[SIZE=-1]Workin full time at Aquashield im a salesman £££"

[/SIZE]GAHAHAHAHAHHA

Nice one !
  • dori2o
    dori2o Posts: 8,150 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    aquashield use a water based acrylic coating in the UK. obviously with it being acrylic it doesnt fade.
    with them owning the patent to the product it doesnt come cheap, it isnt just a tin of paint from your local B&Q.
    prices are not the same for every property. £2500 for a semi means nothing. it all depends on the square meterage of your roof. and who gets a guaruntee with a new roof? with it being a service for the whole of the roof as well its bound to be a bit more than a few hundred quid, it isnt just the coating your paying for! washing, replacement tiles, pointing, fungicides, labour.
    id like to shake the hand of anyone who can get a brand new roof cheaper without it being from their uncle or w/e.
    hats off to aquashield in my opinion.

1890's mid terraced house, fully reslated, new batons, felted, new flashings around the chimney, plus gutters cleaned whilst he was up there, £1500. This was done by a local builder last year on my house. Plus, he's given a guarantee on the work.

Much better than any cleaning solution. And cheaper..
    [SIZE=-1]To equate judgement and wisdom with occupation is at best . . . insulting.
    [/SIZE]
  • HLK wrote: »
    Has anyone had any dealings with a copmpany / product called Aquashield - roof treatments ? MiL has just signed up to some roof cleaning treatment which sounds a bit iffy at £2.5K for a semi ?

AQ are expensive try www.roof-coaters.co.uk based in cheshire, they are very good and made a great job of our roof two years ago. and offer credit card facilities, 10 year warranty 5 colours, and free survey.
    This service is good if done right and if you are over 50 , why fit a new roof that is gong to last 50 years or so.....

PS re-roofing is an alternative but messy, expensive and in most cases avoidable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure