Credit ratings

Hi, I have been with Clear Score for quite some time now and have watched my score steadily drop month after month despite no negative behaviour on my part. Today I joint MSE Credit Club and my score is massively different in a positive way. Has anyone else had this? Which one do I believe?

Comments

• Neither of them. The scores are not s representation of your credit worthiness, but just a gimmick that only you see.

If you're managing your credit well and the data is accurate, just carry on.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Zx81 speaks the truth.
  • hseo18798 wrote: »
    Hi, I have been with Clear Score for quite some time now and have watched my score steadily drop month after month despite no negative behaviour on my part. Today I joint MSE Credit Club and my score is massively different in a positive way. Has anyone else had this? Which one do I believe?

Yes, very common. You should believe both of them

There is more than one CRA in the UK, and different creditors report to different agencies, some more than one.

ClearScore gves your your credit score according to Equifax
    MSE credit club gives you your credit score according to Experian

Two different CRAs, with two different data sources, coming to two different conclusions.

But what you should be concentrating on is why your credit score according to Equifax (as supplied to you by ClearScore) has steadily dropped month after month despite no negative behaviour you know of; Equifax obviously have reason to think otherwise. Get your report and go through it with a fine toothed comb. Something in there will be makinf Equifax lower your credit score steadily month after month.
  • SlippyEdge
    SlippyEdge Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 19 September 2019 at 9:45AM
    No thanks for my post then?

Oh well, we can see who is in control, and what their agenda is, here... :cool:

Still, at least
    This is an open forum - anyone can post.

I'll give MSE credit for that. :T

People can do their own research now thay have 2 versions of the alleged truth.
  • SlippyEdge wrote: »
    No thanks for my post then?

Oh well, we can see who is in control, and what their agenda is, here... :cool:

Still, at least

I'll give MSE credit for that. :T

People can do their own research now thay have 2 versions of the alleged truth.

Why would you get thanks for mis-information?

The scores bear no relevance to any lenders lending criteria.

And that's the truth...
  • SlippyEdge wrote: »
    Yes, very common. You should believe both of them

There is more than one CRA in the UK, and different creditors report to different agencies, some more than one.

ClearScore gves your your credit score according to Equifax
    MSE credit club gives you your credit score according to Experian

Two different CRAs, with two different data sources, coming to two different conclusions.

But what you should be concentrating on is why your credit score according to Equifax (as supplied to you by ClearScore) has steadily dropped month after month despite no negative behaviour you know of; Equifax obviously have reason to think otherwise. Get your report and go through it with a fine toothed comb. Something in there will be makinf Equifax lower your credit score steadily month after month.
    This is total nonsense. Your CRA credit scores are irrelevant as they are not used by lenders. Lenders only use the data in your credit files to assess a credit application in accordance with their independent lending criteria.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    hseo18798 wrote: »

Just ignore the made up number that only you can see and carry on as you are- nothing to worry about here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure