Vodafone Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• povemeister
    Options
    GK172 - The tariff you are on is generally better than the current deals available because your on an old style tariff so you'll keep your rollover mins where as new customers don't, i'm guessing that you pay £25 for your tariff and £2 itemised billing? - you can get your itemised billing free if you ask so that'll save £2 straight away.
    Secondly - you can upgrade as normal providing that you are within the last 70 days of your contract end date. So of your'e contract is up at the end of decmber, you only have to wait another week of two. You'll definately be able to get the k850i free on an 18m deal or poss free on a 12m deal depending on your monthly spend - speak to the customer saves dept to check this.
    Another point to remember is, upgrades do work completely different to taking a new deal out - you don't have to take a higher tariff in order to get a new phone at a cheaper price - it all depends on what your previous spend is etc.
  • povemeister
    Options
    WOMBLE 65 - If our not bothered about getting a new handset, you can get your same plan doiscounted down to £10 a month for the next 9 months on a 12 month contract, but if i were you i'd ask for a phone (it will be a fairly basic one mind you) and get 6 months at £10.00 on a 12 month deal. - That'd be worth more than the £15 you'd pay if you didnt upgrade the phone.
  • gk172
    gk172 Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GK172 - The tariff you are on is generally better than the current deals available because your on an old style tariff so you'll keep your rollover mins where as new customers don't, i'm guessing that you pay £25 for your tariff and £2 itemised billing? - you can get your itemised billing free if you ask so that'll save £2 straight away.
    Secondly - you can upgrade as normal providing that you are within the last 70 days of your contract end date. So of your'e contract is up at the end of decmber, you only have to wait another week of two. You'll definately be able to get the k850i free on an 18m deal or poss free on a 12m deal depending on your monthly spend - speak to the customer saves dept to check this.
    Another point to remember is, upgrades do work completely different to taking a new deal out - you don't have to take a higher tariff in order to get a new phone at a cheaper price - it all depends on what your previous spend is etc.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this:beer: , im not on the old tariff unfortunatly its 200 mins and 250 texts no rollover and paying £27 with free I.B, just checked back on my paperwork and i recieved the phone 24/12/06 but my line rental starts 12/jan/07 as i ported my number in from 02 so that throws my dates off and im over 70 days. Will they give me a price to upgrade just now? Or could i drop my line rental down and port out to another network payg then port back in? And the only time i go over is if i send a picture message as they are chargable as i have no bundle so really monthly spend is about £30.
    The more i save the more i can spend:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • povemeister
    Options
    Hi GK172 - it wont be worth looking at getting an early upgrade as the quotes given to customers outside of the '70 day period' are high, if you're intent on getting the phone as soon as it comes out, i'd change the tariff down to the lowest one - (£20 a month) pay off the contract, request a 'pac' code to transfer your number and then you are free to bring it back when you're ready. And the likelyhood is on a new contract (treated as a brand new customer) you'd get the phone free on a 12m deal on a £35 package. You would get a lot more mins and sms obviously.

So its probably going to cost you around £8 more a month over 12 months and £60 to pay off the existing contract. That's £156.

If you could hold off till the 03/11/07 - your likely to get it for free (or next to nothing) based on your current spend.

Thanks;)
  • jellytot
    jellytot Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there could you possibly say what kind of offer i could get my contract is up for renewal soon i am within the 70 days, my tariff is 200 anytime x network, stc, 250 texts and vodafone family and passport, my bill is 25 pounds with the line rental and family and then a few pic texts and that added it usually is about the 30 pounds mark. I am on a 18 month contract but up until last year i was on a 12 month contract, but what i am finding since i got vodafone friends and family i am only using about 100- 120 mins out of my bundle so maybe need to go down on the free mins, i am not too bothered what kind of phone maybe the new samsung.:p
  • peterstannard
    Options
    povemeister

Do Vodafone do any unadvertised offers on taking out a second contract on your account, ontop of any discount I have already been offered?
  • ricky7
    ricky7 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    povemeister

Do Vodafone do any unadvertised offers on taking out a second contract on your account, ontop of any discount I have already been offered?

I got my 2nd line on 12 month contract for £15 per month for 9 months, £30 for 3 months with £50 credit on my account after 3 payments. Which makes it about £15 a month over the year. I got 200 cross network anytime minutes, 100 text, stop the clock and a free samsung u700.
  • povemeister
    Options
    Jellytot - keep the same tariff and you should get 6 months half price line rental with the u700 free on an 18month deal. Speak to the customer saves department to sort.;)
  • povemeister
    Options
    Ricky's right. You'll often get ridiulously cheap deals by taking a second contract if you already have one, much cheaper than advertised on the net etc. The deal you got there is typical of the best kind of deal you'd get for a 2nd line - only improvement i'd perhaps ask for is a free bluetooth headset etc.
  • ricky7
    ricky7 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    i didnt know how much i could push my luck, as the chap on the phone originally offered me that deal on an 18 month contract with only 6 months half price. As i said it was my 2nd line and that i want to spend as little as possible, he appeared to come down a lot from the original offer. The free stop the clock was the best theing about the deal. Plus no cashback nonsence to worry about.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback