EE/Microsoft Charges

Options
Recently been billed by EE for over £370 worth of Xbox charges, for which have not come via our family Microsoft account. Having spoken to Microsoft they confirm these we're charged on my daughters mobile via an account in the name of "Ahmed" but due to data protection could not pass on any further information. Advised me to contact EE for refund but after being passed from one to the other without any real assistance, EE placed a 'stalemate' on the issue for which they've given me 6 months to pay this bill off. Microsoft's only advice was to contact mobile ombudsman, which I did and after a few weeks of no update/contact I called for them to tell me to contact Action Fraud. Proceeded to do so but they don't offer any update, any estimation of resolution or anything of use. Looked at forums and found Action Fraud had poor reviews for support on cases and I've hit a dead end other than continue to pay for someone else defrauded my mobile account.

Has anyone experienced this or have any advice of where else I can seek support please?

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    someone suggested to me that when they pull the "data protection" game , you send a SAR to there data protection officer

the reply which would be based on your full info and account number would show all dealings / transactions with full info
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure