PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• I'm off to register voyeurmove.co.uk and write to Dragons' Den.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • And the railway line even closer! :rotfl:
    You'd think the developer would have tried a little bit to improve the access and kerb appeal...
    You can picture the scene. You're out on the town, all preened and primped and crimped and suited and booted, and you're looking for love. You get lucky; they're gorgeous and funny and clever and they really, really, like you. The evening is an unqualified success. Why yes, they would like to come back to yours for coffee. The taxi drops you off on the main road, and you walk towards the gates. You become aware that they're backing away.

No, come back! you cry. Despite appearances, I'm not going to chop you up and put you in bin bags!

It's too late. They've gone.
  • RedFraggle
    RedFraggle Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Looks like a perfectly normal house but then.....
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-57424710.html
    Officially in a clique of idiots
  • lewisa
    lewisa Posts: 301 Forumite
    RedFraggle wrote: »

It's the natural progression from a small ornament by the fireplace to that. Where next one wonders... mural on gable end? :rotfl:
  • RedFraggle wrote: »

why would someone spend money on a 'muriel' and then plonk a telly on top of it?
  • RedFraggle
    I kind of love that there's a house in York with a palm tree in the garden. That's an awful lot of foliage at the front, though. I wonder if the house is shy?
    Hate to disappoint but it's an apple tree.
  • RedFraggle
    I kind of love that there's a house in York with a palm tree in the garden. That's an awful lot of foliage at the front, though. I wonder if the house is shy?
    Hate to disappoint but it's an apple tree.:rotfl:

Ps: I know you mean the one in the back. Frost got ours, it's grim up north.
  • CarrieVS
    CarrieVS Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    RedFraggle wrote: »
    Hate to disappoint but it's an apple tree.

The one in the back garden? Pic 10?

Mind you, I'm a couple of hours north of York and we currently have a palm tree positioned by the river. Looking a little the worse for wear though, and I think it was only intended to be there for the summer - is in a container.

EDIT: damn ninjas editing while I type.
  • That statue thinger looks as though it is waiting for you to join it for dinner, scary thought.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • That statue thinger looks as though it is waiting for you to join it for dinner, scary thought.

We shouldn't be too judgemental about people who might not have many friends they can invite round.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure