New TSB Online Banking - Differences

Is the new TSB Online Banking a lot different to the previous version (i.e. is it a completely new version) or is it still a variant of what was being used before by Halifax / TSB etc

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Once it's working then we'll be able to see!

My understanding is that it's a completely different system 'under the bonnet', i.e. the one run by its Sabadell parent as opposed to the Lloyds Banking Group platform that it's been using before the weekend, but I haven't seen how that actually manifests itself yet in terms of the design of the user interface....
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Nobody knows as hardly anyone can access it.

I think the IT people (design, coding, testing, live confidence testing and the project manager, etc). will have a lot of questions to answer.

Root cause analysis springs to mind.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Nobody knows as hardly anyone can access it.

I think the IT people (design, coding, testing, live confidence testing and the project manager, etc). will have a lot of questions to answer.

Root cause analysis springs to mind.

You'll invariably find that 'the IT people' aren't the cause - that usually goes much further up in the food chain.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    You'll invariably find that 'the IT people' aren't the cause - that usually goes much further up in the food chain.

Well, they're part of the cause, but usually because they have been forced to take short cuts because of the financial or time pressures applied by those higher up who have little appreciation of what the impact of poor design or reduced testing might be until it happens in the real world - and then those at the coal face (which used to be me) fully expect the bosses to try to wriggle out of taking any blame.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The main difference is:

- it doesn't work
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 April 2018 at 5:45PM
    The interface is the same. Apart from all the error codes and broken links (such as the upgrade button not being live) I've found the following differences:

The screen goes dark every time you click on something and sometimes it freezes or generates a blank page.

When I was eventually able to make a faster payment out (it was spitting out an error message for the first 9 attempts) I sent a faster payment back in and the balance updates without having to log back out and in again (which you used to have to do to get the overall balance updated - it did show in the transactions which it still does, although the description of the entry is all garbled), although it logged me out anyway without me asking it to when I clicked the next button!
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    agrinnall wrote: »
    Well, they're part of the cause, but usually because they have been forced to take short cuts because of the financial or time pressures applied by those higher up who have little appreciation of what the impact of poor design or reduced testing might be until it happens in the real world - and then those at the coal face (which used to be me) fully expect the bosses to try to wriggle out of taking any blame.

The bosses will not be blamed. It will be someone lower done the food chain. I assume the PM raised the appropriate RAIDS including costs and key resources. You normally find that before they move on in the SDLC, someone will be required to sign-off the previous phase. So before you move into testing, the build phase will need to be signed off.

There will a key post incident review being done by TSB. Someone(s) will be blamed and will soon be looking for a new job.
  • Weybridge78
    Weybridge78 Posts: 208 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    It looks incredibly similar to before.
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The website is dog slow when you get in. Sometime timesout and need to click button again, or reload page to fix.

The fonts seem slightly different.

I've also noticed the credit card now no longer tell you when you next statement is due.
  • Daz2009
    Daz2009 Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It's different in that I can't log in.
    I've gone through the process of changing my password and still it won't let me log in so it looks like I'm going to have to make the dreaded phone call at some point.
    Farcical
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport