Things can only get better

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,033 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Oh dear. :) I think you've earned that gin! I set off a shop alarm recently and it took two assistants and me walking through the door multiple times to work out what was wrong - I had a suitcase which I was carrying at arm's length and some keys in the front pocket were much nearer the trigger mechanism than normal. I've had it happen elsewhere too - click and collect often sets it off at Mr A.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Bit drastic to waste good gin:rotfl:
    Not that I blame you :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    My first thought was save the gin and whack him with the bottle, oops not very charitable am I?:rotfl:
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Oh dear about the gin SA! Perhaps it wasn’t meant to be - perhaps try lemon vodka!:D

Good news on DS’s new home - you all must be so pleased that they’re settled. What a shame though about DD’s fella. Perhaps he’ll pop up again. I hope she’s not feeling too low.

Agree about not wasting the gin by pouring it over Mr SA’s head!

Not that long now though till Lanzarote!:)
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,280 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    6 weeks on Thursday to Lanzarote :) I am SO ready for a holiday.

Last night before going to bed at 10.30 I switched everything off, made sure the cat was in and loaded the dishwasher. So annoyed to hear DD cooking shortly afterwards. Got up this morning to find the cat had been out all night (DD must've let her out) and a food encrusted baking tray on top of the hob. My patience is wearing very thin with her at the moment.

On the plus side, the snow has almost gone. Of course this means everywhere is sodden, especially as it's been raining. It's really grey and misty here too.

Have filled in the pension form to take the winding up sum. Have told Mr SA it's a bit less than it is because he's already started on about a petrol lawnmower again. Honestly our grass isn't worth spending money on a decent lawnmower, it's been ruined by the dog weeing on it and Mr SA shuffling on it. Ideally I'd like to replace it but not sure what with at the moment.

Just got to do the meal plan and clean the bathroom then the chores are done. Gave the kitchen a good clean this morning after noticing all the stains on the cupboard doors when I had my reading glasses on - mainly cat paw prints and coffee drips.

Got another job to apply for next week, not heard anything back from the other job but not sure when they were doing the sift. Also meeting a friend on Friday who retired to the Yorkshire coast, looking forward to catching up with her.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Poor cat :)
    6 weeks will hopefully fly in :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Have you thought of perhaps in investing in an artificial lawn SA. I've not had personal experience of one but I've heard very good reports - I remember someone posted on another diary that they were really pleased with theirs - and they had a dog. Sorry can't remember where the post was. Perhaps you could google?

Enjoy your evening bath and relaxation.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • fay66
    fay66 Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Can you rinse dog poo off it sorry I have dogs but wondered about it
    Debt £10k , HMRC £3K old debt £4k Jan 2021
    Had biatric surgery was 135k 2016 now 97kilo 22.1.20 up to 106 kilo 12.1.21
    Travel plans New York 2021 New year cancelled due to covid
  • Sun_Addict
    I have thought about artificial grass SSG, we have such a big garden I suspect it may be rather expensive. Worth looking into though.

Made spicy carrot and lentil soup for work lunches and butternut squash risotto for tonight and tomorrow night.

Spoke to DS tonight and they're really happy with their new house. The grandkids have settled in their new bedrooms a treat. It's so lovely to see him settled with his little family, I wish DD was settled like him, I despair of her.

Took the dog out earlier and all the snow has gone plus it's so much warmer than it was a couple of days ago.

Beanie - the cat sleeps on Mr SA's scooter under the cover if she ever gets left out all night :)
  • Sun_Addict
    Crossed posts Fay - I would hope so. I think Wannabefree has artificial grass and a dog, maybe she will clarify.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure