NatWest £125 switch incentive

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    The terms if this offer state:

AND before 16 March 2018 you:

complete a full switch of a non-NatWest account to your eligible account using the Current Account Switch Service; deposit £1,500 into your eligible account; and; log into our online or mobile banking service.

So the question would be: can I switch a non current account, using the Current Account Switch Service? I guess that the answer would be that it's not possible.

You might be able to switch a non-current account, e.g. a savings account, I don't know I've never tried, but NatWest would (presumably) just transfer the money to a new NatWest savings account earning next to nothing in interest. It certainly wouldn't be a current account switch and it wouldn't earn you the £125 switching bonus.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,537 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 February 2018 at 3:40PM
    I ordered card readers on Monday and nothing has arrived yet. Does it normally take this long for them to arrive?
    Ordered my card reader last Saturday and it turned up today.
    You don't have one from another bank, do you? By now it would allow you to use that......(I think!!)

Switch starting. Letter from Yorks Bank arrived today. Frying pan to fire! (but a financially worthwhile fire methinks.)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,340 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    By now it would allow you to use that......(I think!!)

It is possible to register and use another compatible card reader a couple of days after ordering the Natwest one.

I did this and so have not even opened the Natwest reader which arrived a week after request.

Do you think unwanted readers can be sold on Ebay....:rotfl:
  • Katiehound
    xylophone wrote: »

No trivia allowed on this thread- the thread police will ban us!
    (The thread is already faaaaar too long.)
    Many thanks
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,095 Forumite
    xylophone wrote: »

You can get them free by walking into a Nationwide branch and asking for one. Don't know whether they're supposed to ask for proof you have an account, but they didn't with me.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Katiehound
    You can get them free by walking into a Nationwide branch and asking for one. Don't know whether they're supposed to ask for proof you have an account, but they didn't with me.
    and the joke is that you can not obtain one from NatWest branches- I asked the question a couple of weeks ago.
    Many thanks

• tomthered
    tomthered Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    most card readers are the same, so can be used for different banks
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,340 Forumite
    No trivia allowed on this thread- the thread police will ban us!

No comic relief?:eek:

The thread police should be concentrating on removing the glitch which turns apostrophes into a meaningless series of figures...:(
  • jaxkesa
    jaxkesa Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    tomthered wrote: »
    most card readers are the same, so can be used for different banks

Yes just used my old Nationwide one as tired of waiting for Natwest to send mine. Finally transferred my money back :T
  • If you do not meet the minimum pay in, (I'm 100 short, but get a pay rise in 3 months). Am I able to have my mother transfer extra in on payday, before I send it back the next day?

(This is actually for the HSBC 200 switch, but I can't seem to make a new thread!)

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport