Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sconeyj
    • By Sconeyj 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 53Thanks
    Sconeyj
    NatWest £125 switch incentive
    • 10th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    NatWest £125 switch incentive 10th Jan 18 at 1:56 PM
    Just as I thought I'd exhausted every bank...up pops NatWest with a switch offer! £125 for switching, and no direct debits required. All you need to do is:
    • switch a non-NatWest account
    • deposit £1,500
    All before 16 March (although you need to apply for the account by 16 February).

Happy days!
Page 104
    • i love it
    • By i love it 21st Apr 18, 8:36 AM
    • 793 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    i love it
    I filled out the online complaint form before receiving the £125 bonus after someone kindly posted the link on here.
    I got the bonus paid and a few days later a £50 compensation payment. Then it was retracted on the same day and a £30 payment made.
    • inittogether
    • By inittogether 21st Apr 18, 10:16 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    inittogether
    Sounds like some contact centre operatives are making things up to explain the few missing incentives. There was no mention of DDs for this one.
    ďOperator! Give me the number for 999!"
    • inittogether
    • By inittogether 21st Apr 18, 10:21 AM
    • 25 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    inittogether
    How much per hour after tax do you normally get paid, and how many hours have you spent obtaining £125 tax-free?
    Originally posted by EachPenny
    Come on, let's keep to the principle of this website of being a place for ordinary consumers to save money, or make money. If the person ticked all the boxes to receive an incentive, then it should be paid automatically. They shouldn't have to chase up, and convince a particular contact centre staff member of that, especially when these staff members seem to have been kept in the dark by Nat West too, and are guessing at what might be the problem.
    ďOperator! Give me the number for 999!"
    • EachPenny
    • By EachPenny 21st Apr 18, 1:16 PM
    • 4,629 Posts
    • 11,945 Thanks
    EachPenny
    Come on, let's keep to the principle of this website of being a place for ordinary consumers to save money, or make money.
    Originally posted by inittogether
    Exactly. Hence the need to keep in sight the point that on a pounds per hour basis people would need to invest a considerable amount of time dealing with a switch in order to even come close to the equivalent of their hourly wage.

People have been complaining bitterly that they didn't get their payment on or before the 13th and lost sight of the point that they were the lucky ones who had become eligible for extra money for the sake of an additional phone call, or completing an online form.

If the banks (and other companies) always got things right in the way your post suggests you would prefer then there are plenty of MSE forum members who would be worse off financially... it is a case of getting the right balance between bank perfection and customer gain.

No criticism of the OP is intended, but a 'not worth the hassle' approach is diametrically opposed to MSE principles. All I was suggesting is for the OP (and others) to keep an eye on the prize.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
    • phil09
    • By phil09 22nd Apr 18, 5:05 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    phil09
    Met all the criteria, existing customer, but didn't get the £125 paid by the 13th.
    I complained using the NatWest online complaint form on the 18th, no response yet but I received the £125 switch incentive on the 19th.
    Originally posted by phil09
    Update: no response back from NatWest from the complaint form I submitted, but I then received £25 compensation on the 20th.

• t1redmonkey
    • By t1redmonkey 23rd Apr 18, 6:24 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    t1redmonkey
    Did anyone else get £125 even though their switch didnt go through? I opened a new account, paid in £1500, but my switch into that account from another current account failed (I hadnt updated my address with the previous bank). So I just forgot about this incentive, but noticed a couple of weeks ago they still paid me the £125! Very unexpected.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 23rd Apr 18, 11:17 PM
    • 2,651 Posts
    • 2,579 Thanks
    harz99
    £125 paid on 10th April, just got home this evening from a month away so now need to work out where next.
    • Mchambers
    • By Mchambers 24th Apr 18, 10:31 AM
    • 753 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    Mchambers
    Should be a nice load of wonga for my dad.
    Originally posted by Mchambers
    He has got £50 as compensation. Nice and easy £175.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,612Posts Today

8,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This week's MSE emails out inc Why I'm suing Facebook, TSB help, Big energy switch ends, free eye test, cheap Easy? https://t.co/cHaLs25dUD

• It's an ad. I don't do ads. Its not legit. No ads with me in are legit. That is another scam. https://t.co/uEgbuhJzxy

• RT @Ofcom: Can you tell the difference between an official website and a third-party call connection service site from search results? @PSA?

• Follow Martin