Hitting rock bottom

I'm stupid, desperate and at a loss at what to do. I'm married , working two jobs and in a load of debt, I haven't got the exact figures yet- I'm scared to count it all up , but on credit cards I have about £9000 of debt, £25000 of debt over three loans, plus a small mortgage , I owe my daughter ( this hurts the most) £4000 and I'm at the limit on our overdraft of £3000, we are just about keeping our heads above the water but the interest on the cards is building increasing the monthly payments- I can't get a new card that will give me a credit limit high enough to transfer the debt. I'm at the stage I'm looking around wondering what I could sell, I have two jobs but it's clearly not enough to make up for my stupidity, I don't smoke or even have sky or anything . I do have a chronically I'll dog who is insured but also old so I have to pay towards costs for her. I've looked at the bills but can't see where I could cut back, our mortgage ends in a couple of years, if I can sort myself out things will get easier then ....I hope. Help! X

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Welcome to MSE.
    Sorry that things are so tough for you.
    Would it help to post up a SOA~ a atatment of affairs ~ so that people could have a look to see if there is something that you can cut down?
    Do you keep a spending diary to see where your cash goes?
    Have you considered speaking to one of the debt charitys for help?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Oh & you are not stupid.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• I'll sort out a SOA asap, thankyou. TBH there's nothing other than household bills and loans, I thought about changing the electricity and gas supplier but then I'd have to pay off anything I owed first ...and having just had the winter... you're very kind but I do feel
    stupid, im full of " if onlys" I know I'm running out of options, that's probably what I needed to happen for me to get my head out the sand.
  • beanielou
    Keep going
    You can sort this out.
    Keep posting :).

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure