Cineworld Unlimited save £57.66 pp

Cineworld Unlimited cards for myself and my wife were due for renewal, so thought I'd look to see if Kids Pass trial membership (£1) would still offer me the Cineworld e-vouchers, as used 12 months ago to purchase the Unlimited cards in the first place.

YES. Took roughly 20 minutes to sign up to Kids Pass trial, pay £1, get activation email, activate account, login in and purchase Cineworld 2x Unlimited (excluding West End) voucher. Voucher arrived by email moments later.

Phoned Cineworld's renewal line as per instruction on the voucher, gave them existing card numbers and the two e-voucher numbers. Membership renewed, and now get black cards, which means no additional charge for 3d (although uplift still applies to IMAX), also will get 25% instead of 10% discount off the grossly inflated (300%+?) cinema snacks and drinks.

Standard annual price for the Cineworld Unlimited cards is £214.80 (no saving over monthly cost). The vouchers cost £157.14 each. A saving of £57.66 x2 less £1 for Kids Pass trial.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but ignorance is lethal.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2018 at 5:42PM
    Referral posts are only allowed in the existing thread on referral section (where you have already posted)

Referral post now removed , was not the original poster
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • austonic
    austonic Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Referral posts are only allowed in the existing thread on referral section (where you have already posted)
    I posted this several months ago, and there is no 'referral' here - I get no benefit from anyone else seeking the discount, I provided no link, and I am merely sharing the information.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Sorry, someone posted their referral link yesterday

I'll edit my earlier post now
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • MLW
    MLW Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    austonic wrote: »
    Cineworld Unlimited cards for myself and my wife were due for renewal, so thought I'd look to see if Kids Pass trial membership (£1) would still offer me the Cineworld e-vouchers, as used 12 months ago to purchase the Unlimited cards in the first place.

YES. Took roughly 20 minutes to sign up to Kids Pass trial, pay £1, get activation email, activate account, login in and purchase Cineworld 2x Unlimited (excluding West End) voucher. Voucher arrived by email moments later.

Phoned Cineworld's renewal line as per instruction on the voucher, gave them existing card numbers and the two e-voucher numbers. Membership renewed, and now get black cards, which means no additional charge for 3d (although uplift still applies to IMAX), also will get 25% instead of 10% discount off the grossly inflated (300%+?) cinema snacks and drinks.

Standard annual price for the Cineworld Unlimited cards is £214.80 (no saving over monthly cost). The vouchers cost £157.14 each. A saving of £57.66 x2 less £1 for Kids Pass trial.
    Can you remember where the link actually is - I can get to where I can buy individual tickets but there;s no mention of unlimited card? Thanks
  • austonic
    austonic Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Sorry, no, don't remember other than it wasn't obvious.

I've subsequently renewed using a corporate employee discount programme.
  • eklipze
    eklipze Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You can get Cineworld vouchers from Tesco Clubcard too £10 in Clubcard vouchers gets you £30 in Cineworld vouchers so your £214.80 becomes a little over £70 in vouchers.

I cannot remember what happened with the extra "rounding" money, I'd have to look up my emails.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure