Personal Injury Medical Report

Hilly1990
Hilly1990 Posts: 23
First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 18 November 2019 at 6:42PM in Insurance & life assurance
Hi Guys

I was hit by a un-insuranced foreign lorry driver on the motorway back in Jan which caused the total loss of my car.

I made a claim of personal injury due to whiplash and have now recieved the medical report back today (4 months since I attended the medical appointment) and there's a few things I am unhappy with;

The doctor has listed some different angles of extension / rotation for my neck however he didn't go near my neck or use any tools to get such measurements - I was literally in there for 5 minutes.

He's listed that I have problems at home, these being, DIY, Shopping and Cooking. This is not the case and I am unsure why he has put this.

He states I need to see a ENT surgeon due to me reporting an ear ache which I had for a few days after the crash. Bearing in mind this is now 10 months on from the crash, I do not feel this is necessary.

Finally he reported that I continue to require unpaid support at home. Again I am unsure as to what he means by this as there is no context. I did mention that my partner drove me around for the first month given I had no car however it is unclear if he means this and why he would put on-going.

Planning to talk to my solicitor about this tomorrow but just a bit concerned they will continue with this report when I don’t fully agree with it’s contents. Has anyone had any similar experiences of this?

Thanks

Comments

• You basically need to reiterate the above info to your solicitor and ensure the medical report contains only correct and accurate factual information before you agree disclosure of the report.

Otherwise you risk the third party insurers challenging your credibility and going on to allege your claim is "fundamentally dishonest", which would be a way they could go in an attempt to defeat the claim.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure