Myhermes In Store Printer Not Working

Anyone have any experience of this? I've made a sale on ebay and need to send out the item, only the local machine (i can't print labels myself) is now not working. I just get "failed to print, you weren't charged". Staff didn't have an answer so I 've no idea what to do if this is something that will take days to fix. The alternative is Royal Mail which is far too expensive so I'd have to refund the sale and cancel it otherwise. Any advice appreciated, thanks

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Anyone have any experience of this? I've made a sale on ebay and need to send out the item, only the local machine (i can't print labels myself) is now not working. I just get "failed to print, you weren't charged". Staff didn't have an answer so I 've no idea what to do if this is something that will take days to fix. The alternative is Royal Mail which is far too expensive so I'd have to refund the sale and cancel it otherwise. Any advice appreciated, thanks

On what basis would you cancel the sale? If you cancel due to you having issues then you will get a defect, you will also lose the 30p fee to PayPal.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • The basis that I can't post it out.

The post office want to charge damn near twenty quid. That would make the sale completely pointless and would be worse. I cant do that. But if the shop doesn't get the machine working then what choice do I have?
  • soolin
    The basis that I can't post it out.

The post office want to charge damn near twenty quid. That would make the sale completely pointless and would be worse. I cant do that. But if the shop doesn't get the machine working then what choice do I have?

There is no option to cancel because seller can't find a working printer, your cancellation choices are very limited and a seller cancelling due to issues results in a defect, which can be serious.

I suggest you try the second nearest Hermes shop , or else get hold of Hermes on social media and ask them when they are going to fix the printer.

Don't forget the clock is ticking as you still need to post this within your stated dispatch time.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Or else try this link- I am not advocating the use of parcel2go but it will give you an idea where else to try

https://www.parcel2go.com/services/send-parcel-no-printer
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Does your local library offer a printing service?
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • I don't know how the printing in store works, whether you've already bought the postage or what, but is there any way you could print it out at a local library? Even if that means cancelling any postage you've already bought (they should refund you?) and buying postage again to print out at 'home' - the library.

Edit: crossposted with Ms Chocaholic, sorry!
  • soolin wrote: »
    Or else try this link- I am not advocating the use of parcel2go but it will give you an idea where else to try

https://www.parcel2go.com/services/send-parcel-no-printer
    Thanks, but how do those services work without a printer?
    Does your local library offer a printing service?

It does when its open. Won't be open before I have to post out
  • I don't know how the printing in store works, whether you've already bought the postage or what, but is there any way you could print it out at a local library? Even if that means cancelling any postage you've already bought (they should refund you?) and buying postage again to print out at 'home' - the library.

Edit: crossposted with Ms Chocaholic, sorry!

The machine is self service and prints out a label. Its a good service. Ive no idea why it isn't working. Could be that it's just run out of printing paper or something that hopefully the shop owner can fix. Just not the guy I spoke to earlier who had no idea what was happening
  • soolin
    edited 7 November 2019 at 12:08AM
    Thanks, but how do those services work without a printer?

I thought the link would help you as it is for services that do not require a printer, have you actually looked at it? I have a printer so don't need to read up on it, but I thought you did....

It just seemed to me that spending a little effort on finding a different service and saving yourself a defect would be a good idea. If you don't like my link then try a google search as several other choices came up when I tried it.
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Find the next nearest Hermes print in store shop. It's not rocket science. These things are occasionally going to happen and you need to have a Plan B if you are an ebay seller
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport