The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

Plusnet price increases

Comments

• hareng
    hareng Posts: 581
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Got to ask £1 per month increase is peanuts! Is it worth the hassle?

Post Offce even cheaper £15.90 per month.
    Its just ADSL like Now or any other cheapy i can only get on a good day

Estimated download speed

1-2Mb/sec In reality thats 1meg 6km from the cabinet.

• Incl Home Phone & line rental £30 £15.90a month for 12 months
    https://www.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone/unlimited-broadband
  • Plusnet will let me leave although the balance of the line rental saver (from October to January) will not be refunded. It looks as if I will stay for now but would like to consider changing when there is less financial penalty.

Thank you for all these good replies and links.

Crimson
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,344
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Haven't there been posts on the BT broadband threads in the past about them saying the same thing re advanced line rental payments, but they do have to refund you if you are leaving due to price rises?
  • Plusnet will let me leave although the balance of the line rental saver (from October to January) will not be refunded. It looks as if I will stay for now but would like to consider changing when there is less financial penalty.

Thank you for all these good replies and links.

Crimson
    They should refund the remaining part of your line rental saver. See these links:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/04/plusnet-to-hike-broadband-prices-/ (about half way down)

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Line-Rental-Saver-refund-if-terminating-early/td-p/1531277
  • My contract was up, was paying 13 a month for fibre and anytime calls, managed to re-sign for 16 a month, for 18 months.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,008
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Why don't you just call PN disconnections and cut a deal for a further 12m minimum term? Getting £1pm discount will not require any great amount of negotiation...
    I have done this with Sky for about 4 years now. It usually takes no more than 15 minutes.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • annhan
    annhan Posts: 98
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    So just to understand...I am also with PN and not very impressed, I have a sub for landline, internet and 2 mobile sim cards....if I leave because if the price rise..will I fined a fee for the 2 sims?

Thanks
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 378
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    There was a judgement on BT a while ago that they had to honour peoples discounts on sim cards even if they quite their broadband due to a price rise.

That said it is not clear that we will be allowed to break our plus.net contracts. They are trying to claim the price rise only affects optional parts of the contract.

ISP's always try and wriggle out of releasing people from their contracts and refunding prepaid line rental. Sometimes they get forced to by OFCOM. I am waiting to see if things become clearer.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,498
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    mnbvcxz wrote: »

ISP's always try and wriggle out of releasing people from their contracts and refunding prepaid line rental. Sometimes they get forced to by OFCOM. I am waiting to see if things become clearer.

Plusnet got a lot of adverse press recently ,when at short notice, they increased the BT Sports app access by 100% (from £5pm to £10pm) - they then claimed that it was an addon ,so even those of us who thought they were on fixed contracts had to either swallow the increase or cancel the app:mad:
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 378
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hmm, well after rather a long time on hold they said due to my call package going up by a pound I could leave penalty free. I'm not totally sure I trust him, took a lot of checking but he did say it...

Claimed no interest in price matching other providers though...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure