Yorkshire & Clydesdale Banks offering £150 for switching

The Daily Mail are reporting that Clydesdale and Yorkshire banks are now offering £150 to switch to one of their current accounts. They require a £1000 pay-in each month but no direct debits mentioned (guessing the article was referring to the Current Account Direct).

Comments

• LeeBalders wrote: »
    The Daily Mail are reporting that Clydesdale and Yorkshire banks are now offering £150 to switch to one of their current accounts. They require a £1000 pay-in each month but no direct debits mentioned (guessing the article was referring to the Current Account Direct).
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/saving/article-2837635/Clydesdale-Yorkshire-Banks-offer-new-customers-150-switch-current-accounts.html
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • just seen this, requires a grand a month (no problem to the likes of us on here) just trying to find out if there is any dd requirements?
  • no mention of dds? looks like im having myself £150 for christams

CURRENT ACCOUNT CASH INCENTIVE TERMS & CONDITIONS
    ELIGIBLE CUSTOMERS
    1. You are eligible for this offer if:
    (a) you hold a current account with another bank or building society and you meet the Qualifying Criteria outlined below; and
    (b) either:
    (i) you do not already hold a Personal or Private current account with Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank as at 17th November 2014 and you open a Personal or Private current account with us on or after that date; or
    (iii) you already hold a Personal or Private current account with us, and have paid in less than an average of £1000 per month over the 6 month period prior to 17th November 2014 into that account, or since you opened that account if that is a shorter period of time.
    QUALIFYING CRITERIA FOR THIS OFFER
    2. To qualify, you must:
    [FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria](a) [/FONT][/FONT]complete a full current account switch to one of our Personal or Private current accounts using the Current Account Switch Service, which includes the completion of an Account Closure Instruction for your Old Account:
    (i) the Current Account Switch Agreement must be signed during the period from 17th November 2014 to 28th February 2015; and
    (ii) the full switch must be completed within 21 days of the date you sign the agreement, and
    [FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Cambria,Cambria][FONT=Cambria,Cambria](b) [/FONT][/FONT]credit your account with at least £1000 in a single payment within 31 calendar days following your switch completion date, provided:
    (i) this does not include any balance transferred as part of your full switch; and
    (ii) this does not include any internal transfers from any other Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank Personal or Private current account you hold with us (either in your sole name or held jointly with someone else).
    PAYMENT
    3. If you meet the terms and conditions of this offer, we will credit £150 to your account within 60 calendar days of your first £1000 minimum single payment into your account.
    4. If you open a joint account with us, the account will be eligible for only one payment of £150.
    OTHER CONDITIONS
    5. We may withdraw this offer at any time. If we do withdraw the offer, you won’t qualify for the payment unless you have signed the Current Account Switch Agreement before the offer is withdrawn.
    6. All applications for Personal or Private current accounts are subject to credit status. You must be at least 18 years old to apply for the Signature Account, Current Account Control, Current Account Direct or Private Current Account.
    Clydesdale Bank PLC. Registered in Scotland (No. SC001111). Registered Office: 30 St Vincent Place, Glasgow, G1 2HL CB0816
  • I've already got the YB account, and it doesn't require any DDs. Shame it's dropped to 2% now but my husband's just been told he's switching!
  • looks like a switch n ditch is going ahead for a few of us, only downside is it appears you cant apply online for this offer and I don't like opening new accounts via phone, but for £150 I can deal with that.
  • One new Clydesdale Current Account Direct opened. Have to apply for switch when the paperwork arrives.
  • One new Clydesdale Current Account Direct opened. Have to apply for switch when the paperwork arrives.

you just had to be the first didn't you.
  • leeroy2009 wrote: »
    you just had to be the first didn't you.
    Phoned them on 08002346550 and spoke with a nice Scottish lassie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family