Leaving Virgin UK law 14 days or 30?

We joined Virgin on 21st of October but the service wasn't installed properly, no working TV box, no telephone number porting etc.

We managed to sort it all but it's taken 3 weeks & lots of calls to Virgin, and a second engineer visit, even then the engineer forgot to leave a power supply for a second Tivo box, so we had to request 1 of those, that only arrived 2 days ago.

Seeing as the offer we signed up to has just been reduced from £99 to £79 I thought we might be in our rights to cancel and reorder the service, Virgin wasn't having any of it saying we had only had 14 days rights to cancel, I did argue that the service hasn't been working since day 1 so the contract doesn't stand, and I thought UK law cover 30 days. Virgin told me that changed to 14 days and as they have tried to fix it that doesn't entitle us to leave.

I presume there is nothing else we can do but thought I'd check if anyone knows this is correct?

Appreciate any help..

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The 14 days is your cooling off period, that's an entirely different thing.

The 30 days is to leave at the end of your contract as when it expires you move onto a 30 day rolling contract.
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    If you are able to leave they wont let you join again for some time so by then the £79 deal will be long gone.
    In the mean time I don't think you will find anything to match the £99 deal elsewhere, 500mbs broadband, sky sports, sky cinema, BT sports, two boxes, loads of channels, talk when you like telephone and a limitless sim which would set you back at least £21 a month elsewhere.
    But its only a good deal if you need the sim and need all the premium TV service etc.
    The down side will be when the deal reverts to £139 but then you can haggle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure