CyclistDreams - House deposit diary

Options

Comments

• Well done on your savings this month, CyclistDreams, that's really looking good.

bln
  • Cyclistdreams
    Options
    So, another month and another payday.

Totals saved as follows:

£445 to house fund
    £175.82 to Car fund
    £25 to S&S ISA
    £100 to Emergency Fund
    £30 into 'fun' fund
    £20 into bike maintenance fund
    £325 into Christmas fund (Bank switching offers paid for this)
    £200 from the misses for the holiday.

Worked some overtime last month which was paid today, but I bought some upgrades for my hobby so that's where that money went. On track to bank 84 hours overtime this month, so that will all go towards various pots. Going to get the Emergency pot up to £3000 (£691 away), then any remainder will go into the car fund pot. Ideally want to get that to at least £1500. Once the Emergency fund is finished, the £100 per month will go to the house :)

Now 88.92% of the way there!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Your savings are looking great ! 84 hours overtime is a lot of extra money but also a lot hours, make sure you don't overdo it and burn yourself out.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Cyclistdreams
    Options
    Thanks very much :)

Yes, i know what you mean - it's been tiring, but trying to make the most of whilst it's there.

Only got 9:30 hours booked in as overtime next month, so it's a bit different to this month :p
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Great savings but blimey how big is your family that you have to put £300 into your xmas fund every month? Holy moly.

I have will have £300 in total in my xmas fund by December and that is plenty but I am buying for 7 people and keeping £100 for food and sales shopping.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Cyclistdreams
    Options
    Ah, i may have worded that slightly wrongly! Just trying to get it to £500 total, rather than a certain amount each month :)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey that's a relief I wanted to be adopted into your family if you were giving gold bars out!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    (ok Christmas Cracker humour). :o
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • pinknsparkly
    Options
    That's a great job on your savings for the month! I was also going to echo SW by saying don't burn yourself out with overtime, but it sounds like you'll be having an enforced reduction in overtime next month anyway :D I'm usually so organised with Christmas, but I've not even started thinking about it this year. No idea where we'll even be for the day, let alone started thinking about Xmas gifts (beyond buying theatre tickets for my husband) so I'm in awe of your organisation skills and planning!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • Cyclistdreams
    Cyclistdreams Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 27 November 2019 at 1:06PM
    Options
    Today is payday :)

Totals saved below -

£135.86 Car pot
    £691.36 Emergency Fund
    £445 House fund
    £23.50 Fun fund
    £20 Bike fund
    £50 S&S ISA

This payday included the 84 hours overtime I did, so managed to squirrel away quite a bit more than usual. Had a bit of work done on the car (new rear tyres, rear suspension etc) so £396 went to paying that, but still managed to put £135.86 into the pot, so happy with that.

Emergency fund is now topped off at £3000/£3000 so really pleased that's now done!

Treated myself and picked up a tablet I've been looking at. Black Friday sales got me £20 off, and waiting for 10% cashback on it too :)

Another 35 hours Overtime banked for this month - not sure what i'm going to do with it, probably split between car/house pots.

90.05% of the way to the overall house goal - getting closer!
  • Cyclistdreams
    Options
    Early payday this month - Feels good :)

Totals saved for December as follows:

£210 into car pot
    £250 into house pot
    £55 into fun fund
    £20 into bike maintenance fund

Upgraded our seats for our holiday next year, so the money I got from my OT this month has gone towards paying those off. Only 140 days and counting :p

Extra £100 saved from not having to pay into my emergency pot has gone onto the house savings.

Gone down a spine point on my payband this month, so that's an extra £800 a year, and also got the good news I've been successful with a recent job application for a years secondment, so i'll be moving onto the next pay band end of Jan, which will be an extra £1311 a year :)

91.51% of the way to the house goal :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure