PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Comments

• TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper

With a better colour scheme and getting rid of the mirror on the toilet seat it could be really nice!
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,203 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72372649.html
    Lightshades! Jam! Jam! Lightshades! Did I tell you about my jam? Did I show you my Lightshades?

The estate agent was obviously so taken with the jam that they nicked a jar. If you look carefully there are 6 jars in most of the picks, but only 5 in a couple of them...
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,636 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72372649.html
    Lightshades! Jam! Jam! Lightshades! Did I tell you about my jam? Did I show you my Lightshades?

The 70 pictures hopelessly fail to tell the whole story. But the floor plan does! It's a poor layout with narrow rooms!

Actually the photos of the jars of jam, old suitcases and wellingtons have persuaded me to travel 250 miles to view this house as these are just the features I would be looking for in a house!
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • The 70 pictures hopelessly fail to tell the whole story. But the floor plan does! It's a poor layout with narrow rooms!

Actually the photos of the jars of jam, old suitcases and wellingtons have persuaded me to travel 250 miles to view this house as these are just the features I would be looking for in a house!

Sod the suitcases, wellies and jam, I want that red Trimphone :D
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Sod the suitcases, wellies and jam, I want that red Trimphone :D

It's only a naff reproduction one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RETRO-RED-Trim-Phone-Landline-Push-Dial-Telephone-collectable-WILD-WOLF/153521627752
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How disappointing :(

There aren't many original red ones and they may be a little more expensive.

As well as <clickyclicky> dialling <clickyclicky> extremely <clickyclicky> slowly <clickyclicky> at 10 <clickyclicky> pulses <clickyclicky> per <clickyclicky> second <clickyclicky> loop <clickyclicky> disconnect <clickyclicky> dialling.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • StumpyPumpy
    StumpyPumpy Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 22 June 2019 at 11:56PM
    There aren't many original red ones and they may be a little more expensive.

As well as <clickyclicky> dialling <clickyclicky> extremely <clickyclicky> slowly <clickyclicky> at 10 <clickyclicky> pulses <clickyclicky> per <clickyclicky> second <clickyclicky> loop <clickyclicky> disconnect <clickyclicky> dialling.
    Ok, so I know that the following is going to sound (and is) incredibly geeky and everything, but... :o that phone isn't an original one either.

At the very least it is a chimera. The model number on the bottom (pic 3) is 8722G but that is the number for the Snowdon Collection black & grey rotary dial Trimphone. The Snowdon Collection push button Trimphone in two tone red - which the top of the phone is - should be model 8766. So most likely someone has cobbled two phones together to make one. It is possible that BT themselves messed up the bases but as the workings of the two phones were different, rather than just the colour, I think it is unlikely.

I'm not a phone buff or anything, honestly, I just happen to know about the last (1982 Snowdon) model trimphones. Anyway, I'm now going back to sitting in a darkened room to listen to my collection of late 20th Century ring tone LPs. :cool:

Also, just noticed that the paper number insert is wrong too - when that model of phone was released (1982), the GPO had been rebranded as British Telecom for 2 years.

SP
    Come on people, it's not difficult: lose means to be unable to find, loose means not being fixed in place. So if you have a hole in your pocket you might lose your loose change.
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Concerning trim phones... Within about an hour of following the links given to look at the phones I had an email from eBay offering me deals on similar. :eek: It was the speed of it arriving that rather surprised me.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    ukmaggie45 wrote: »
    Concerning trim phones... Within about an hour of following the links given to look at the phones I had an email from eBay offering me deals on similar. :eek: It was the speed of it arriving that rather surprised me.
    Happens all the time unless you take steps to block tracking etc, but houses aren't like that. I'm still getting weekly persuader emails from Yopa, who want me to let them value our house in BA1....which we left over 10 years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure