Roadside Recovery: AutoAid Feedback

1555657585961»

Comments

• davemidd
    davemidd Posts: 82 Forumite
    Does anyone know if theres any restrictions on needing a full service history, or what level of service history?

Ive just bought my first car, 17 years old and only random bits of documentation with it, not due to be MOTed again until April. Im a bit wary of paying for a policy if it turns out im not covered when I need it...

I'm sure you'll find the answer in their policy documentation - http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/about_us/documents.php ;)
  • davemidd wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll find the answer in their policy documentation ;)

Ive read that already but it only says "you must keep your vehicle properly maintaned and serviced" which is a bit fuzzy. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience of what they actually wanted but sounds like im probably best to collect what ive got and phone them to ask :)
    492800 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I never had to prove anything and i used the company plenty of times. As long as your car isn't a total rust bucket/death trap, I'd think you'll be fine.
    You don't have to prove anything to the AA/RAC either.
    --- Hitting the thanks button as often as is needed ---
  • buzzard
    buzzard Posts: 227 Forumite
    if it has an MOT should be OK - however you'll never get money from then anyway. I'm still waiting for a refund after they took payment when I'd asked them not to and then said the cheque was in the post when admitting later it had never been sent.

Can't trust them.
    492800 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    buzzard wrote: »
    however you'll never get money from then anyway.

Sounds like some bad luck there, but out of the 7 claims I made in 3 years, I never once had any problem and found them to be really helpful on the phone too.
    I hope you get yours sorted soon.
    --- Hitting the thanks button as often as is needed ---
  • turbo_c
    turbo_c Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 18 December 2014 at 1:29PM
    I've just called AutoAid out for a home start. On the phone they said that the standard call out cost is £50. But when the recovery guy came he wanted £67. So looks like the £65 max they'll pay won't be enough to cover the call out. I've got to pay the extra £2, but think that it would have been much more if I'd been towed to a garage. Just thought that I'd let people know.

Have to say that there call centre answered straight away and were very good at organising the recovery. Just a shame that the max they'll cover for the home start won't cover the call out or tow to a garage. Although I suppose they are considerably cheaper than RAC/AA for the equivalent cover.

Will post back once my claim is paid.
  • My car wouldn't start and AutoAid arranged a pretty quick call out this morning, I was advised that because I was more than 1 mile from home I didn't need to pay anything directly to the recovery company - it would all be sorted out by AutoAid!

This was great news as I am new to the service (first time user) but I've had a look on the website and can't find any reference to a change in policy so now getting worried. Anyone else have any knowledge?

FYI I was told both by the AutoAid Breakdown advisor on the phone and by the breakdown mechanic that I didn't need to pay for the callout.

I did of course pay for the new battery which was fitted - but it was really reasonable - £54 for Bosch brand battery with 4 year guarantee, only £2 more than the cheapest price I could find online for the same product. At the moment I am really pleased with the service...
  • My car broke down on the M25 in the middle lane. Queuing traffic and I accidentally stalled it, then it wouldn't restart.

Highways Agency people came and pushed me to the hard shoulder and I called out Autoaid. Quick response on the phone but the breakdown company took over an hour to reach me. To be fair it was rush hour, there were queues on both carriageways and the breakdown lorry had to go past me on the opposite side to double back at the next junction and finally get to me.

Unable to fix it I was towed home. All for I think £65 callout fee that I had to pay and then reclaim from Autoaid.

Bit of hassle getting a copy of the invoice from the breakdown company, took a couple of phone calls before I finally got it, but repayment from Autoaid was very swift, certainly less than a week.

I'm very happy with the service received, far better value than the big boys for me, my wife and a full tow-home service. Just about to enter my Autoaid renewal again for next year.
    I'd be happier on holiday in Brittany than being at work !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure