Mummytogirls - taking the scenic route

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I will also add that our garden slopes down slightly and at the bottom its currently a mud pit with all the bad weather. We live in a new build and they are notorious for the drainage under the grass not being good and this is definitely the case for ours xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Forgot to say that for the first time this year the heating didn't come on tonight as the house must have been at temperature. I love this! Cant wait to turn the heating off!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I had a new build years ago and know exactly what you mean, the end of mine your feet sank in when it rained. I had a clematis on every fence panel, and a passion flower with its feet in the wet, but growing up the full sun back of next doors garage which worked really well. If you want to try climbers again then Morrisons have them very cheaply (£1.76 I think) and Aldi are due to have some in shortly. Honeysuckles are robust and hard to kill, but try and pick a scented one.

How about lavenders in the pots on the patio? They are 3 for £5 reasonably sized ones in B&M and they would expand to fill your pots nicely. You have to give them a hair cut once a year but low maintenance otherwise. Slugs don't seem to touch them here, and they attract lots of lovely bees.

Put your tomatoes and strawberries in the baskets? Fuschias might be an idea. They come back year after year, and Morrisons have them in for £1 each at the minute.

HTH
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,228 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    My heating went off too MTG - thought it was on the blink :) Yay to warmer days.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • mummytogirls
    Ohhh thats brilliant advice Redo, will take a photo of this post and then I've got it with me to refer back to when I'm out and about. Re the lavender I've actually got one round the front and never thought to put one in the back too.

Never thought about baskets for fruit and veg either :D xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Lavender and fuscia in pots, now there's an idea...
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I love lavander in pots :)
    Reminds me of Provence :heart:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • mummytogirls
    Morning Diary,

Such a lovely bright and sunny day today :D. Ive pegged out as you might have expected! Whilst I was out in the garden I ventured down to my clematis and was surprised to see its not dead and has little buds forming on it which I think can only be a good sign! Need to get into the shed and see if my daffs have come out which I reckon they definitely will have by now!

We have rearranged our catch up we were having as the little one isn't well. Will see them later in the week.

Really going to try my best for today to be NSD5 of 10 but I'm feeling itchy to spend :rotfl:. To be fair the girls will probably just play out today and I've got some work I could be doing. I really want to go out and buy plants now!

Think thats all, hope all ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hurrah, clematis usually recovers if you plant it deep enough.
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Loving that my heating has been more off than on too! Lovely day here too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback