Tales from The Shire

Comments

• IT'S NOT RAINING :j:j:j

Well not today anyway :rotfl: I took advantage of the good weather to get out in the garden. There's a lot to do but I shall chip away at it. Today I did the cutting back and pruning in the front garden. It looks so much better for it. Didn't get to do any weeding but that will be next on the list after pruning the blackcurrant bushes as they are showing signs of life already. Things are starting to reveal themselves now - so exciting to see what we have. So far I've found Christmas Roses, Snowdrops, Crocuses and Primroses in flower and the shoots of Daffodils and Tulips (I think). Also one shy little cowslip :D My neighbours gave me a gardening gift card as a thank you for looking after their cats. I don't know how much is on it - and it may have been a hint :rotfl: - but it will come in very handy.

I've started to walk FDawg on the lanes again. I think he might be getting a little bored running around the field (hence the escape attempts) and is ready for the next challenge. He gets very excited about going but is quite anxious once we start. Yesterday, we met a lovely gent with two elderly, female Border Collies. FDawg was worried to start with but the ladies were very friendly and he soon made friends :) Turns out that the ladies came from the same rescue centre :cool: I am hoping we will run in to other dog walkers as our special dog training homework is to introduce FDawg to some canine chums. I invited my neighbour's dog over to play but he isn't allowed out to get dirty as he's just had a bath :eek::rotfl:

Our trip around the lane is 2 miles each time and, as Mr F is away this week with work, I shall be doing two walks a day. That and the gardening should result in the loss of a couple of pounds at least :rotfl:

I have 5 items listed on the Bay at the moment - 4 are mine (1 of which has a bid) and one is household. Mr F moved a couple of things out of the annex and into the barn today so that I have a bit more room to hunt around for other things to sell.

More rain is forecast for this evening but I've had today and that little shot of vitamin D should keep me going for a bit :cool:

Spring is coming peeps :T

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,184 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    HUrrah for spring :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What are the lanes like, Fortune, are you on pavements or walking in the actual road?
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou wrote: »
    HUrrah for spring :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy your weekend :)

Hip Hip Hurrah!
    Karmacat wrote: »
    What are the lanes like, Fortune, are you on pavements or walking in the actual road?

Proper country lanes Karma. No pavements, just grass verges but not much traffic. I might see one or two vehicles per hour and one of those is likely to be a tractor. Very muddy due to farm traffic and prone to flooding due to run off from the fields. Absolutely full of snow drops at the moment though :D

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Mr F left on a business trip this afternoon so it's just me and FDawg for this week.

I've not done much - just a bit of writing. Although I did help FDawg make another friend :D We met a young labrador on our lane walk this evening and, although Miss Lab was a little wary to start with, I managed to facilitate a successful introduction and they were both very keen to play :T I've not seen FDawg play bow before :D It turns out that Miss Lab's owner is a neighbour and knows our house so I have invited them both over for a play date next weekend :T

Thank goodness because FDawg has another training session tomorrow and the trainer is bound to ask me whether he's met any other dogs since we last went.

Still feel like I'm playing catch up with myself but things should settle down this week.

Happy Saturday!

Fortune x
  • During our dog walk yesterday I noticed the snowdrops were out too, well done with your training progress. I agree dogs are hard work, I am exhausted from training our pupster this week!
  • beanielou
    How lovely to make doggy friends :)

• They say getting a dog is a great way of meeting new people. Seems like it is true for you. A good way to settle in to a new area :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Great to catch up on your news. Enjoy the week and hope the mud gets less!!
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback