PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for yesterday (Monday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) A day of tidying! Floors hoovered and steamed, dusting, washing x 2, bed changed.

3) Hens well.

4) Smaller son had done all his homework at school which saved us a few arguments.

5) Watched the Undateables then First Dates with bigger son.
  • 5 Was inn emporium yesterday and looked at the cheap muppet foods while BoPsie was eyeing up the wine and cheeses. In the reduced section were some chicken drumsticks, off cuts of bacon, and a few mushrooms with peppers. All the muppet has to do is add some wine and cook. That’s is one meal for a reduced price of £5.19, served once! Now lets us look at BoP’s buzzard, £4.60, it has served two roasts already. Tonight curry will be served, then another two for later. Please avoid muppet foods. For
    BoP’s curry, with special fried rice, do the following:
    1 Big Bird, Roast and serve with proper tatties and veg. Always serve chicken with jam!
    2 After two meals, cut up bird and leave in bowl!
    3 Add other bitsers such as button mushrooms, toe nail onions, sweet corn, carrots, and peppers.
    Throw all into pan and add chilli to taste. Coriander and Termites. (turmeric to newbies!). Add Mr Woods thing of korma sauce! Tom puree to taste! Spinach adds depth!
    In pan of hot boiling water, add rice, long grain, that bashcrappi rice is just long grain with a fancy name to extort more money from mupptes! If you want saffron rice, add termites! But we are doing Special fried rice!
    In other pan, add some peas, finely chopped bitsers such as mushroom, onion and peppers. You also add the last rasher of bacon. Two eggs in another pan, whisked up and scrambled. Drain rice and thrown into bitsers, with soy sauce and eggs!
    Eat!
    No that Jim cannot do that!

Nows that BoP is going on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and about proper foods, yous should see the BoP lunch box today! A solitary cake of jaffa, Bourneville chocolate, salad, proper cheese, and a decent fox biscuit as well. Tum was vigorously rubbed! No change there!

4 Down the gym in beach ready looks tonight. More later!

3 Watched The Rebound last night with that Mrs Douglas in it. Very good!
    2 Forgets to say that BoP occasionally needs a reminder as to why emporiums such as S are places to avoid, so on Saturday, BoP ventured, after getting the paint and things, to S to pick some wobbleades!
    PM2DD. At mill we need to know how to get into career things at uni. We are running short of stokers!
    Another day in the life

Now is not often you find BoP lowering himself to read the …
    https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2018/jan/23/battle-grimsby-great-again
    Now it is just 38 years since I went pass John Howards yard on the West Marsh, I have slept elsewhere! Mind you, nobody wanted to sleep in the East Marsh, so the flats, should have been demolished … Then again just like MSM London bias, norff baiting!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening. It's been a day of rain but very mild rain ( apart from the thunder & lightning and hailstones bit)

Drove to tesco at 7am, haven't driven in a week . First time I've seen car without snow on top. Went for butter, condensed milk & sugar but also bought puff pastry & toilet roll. I am a hopeless supermarket shopper. Paid cash, too easy just to tap card .

Took dog first walk of day whilst still dark then made tablet & pancakes for DD2 breakfast.

Another quick dog walk & then started to walk up to friends ( 12 minute walk ) realised when halfway there I'd forgotten daffodils which I'd also bought in shop & tablet, so walked back home & jumped in car! Had a lovely few hours there. Laughter & tears. And a roll & sausage too.

Then home , laughed with DD1 because we're both so funny & watched storm out her window.

Rolled puff pastry out on top of pie filling I'd made last night. Chicken & ham & loads of veg. With mash potato , broccoli, cabbage, carrots & turnip.

Walked round to 4 friends houses & dropped off bags of tablet , quick chat with each one but was just popping by & spreading kindness & sugar!

Walked down to tesco & bought more diet cola ...I need to wean myself off it again. Walked home the long way. Luckily dry though windy all the way.

Had to hide tablet again. Everyone likes it but my son especially so, he could scoff the lot! DD1 had seen where I'd put if....so it's on the move!

Delighted that DD1 & her friends have finally secured a house rental but sad face that she will be moving back soon but I would never ever hold her back.
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    I could bore you with the various things over the past few days but best start afresh
    1 Did a tip run on the way over to DF’s and a helpful chap assisting in getting large recliner out of the car, spent the day preparing walls at DFs today as tomorrow we actually get to start painting, but lots of steaming, cleaning and all sorts achieved today I’m pleased if that’s the word for it.
    2 Spoke with various neighbours, I’m quite fond of over there.
    3 I’ve just got 17 scrapbook pages done before stopping for a cuppa and doughnut.
    4 Had to do a trip to Mr T as out of milk and longlife and fruit, so pondered rather late to MrT so late I didn’t think there was much point looking for RTCs. It was so quiet and empty in there is was almost calming! There were RTC’s a cubed veg soup mix for 20p, a pineapple and melon for 25p. Then I also stared at the meat reductions, and in my head worked out how I could use what they had and picked up the 20p cocktail sausages, 5 packs of pre-cooked chicken which are all now in the freezer. I also meal planned for the next 2 days.
    5 Looking forward to a quick soak.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Tuesday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Did very little this morning apart from odd jobs, cleaned the hens out and dig a bit more digging on the allotment.

3) Went to see my school friend in town this afternoon for a cup of tea.

4) Took smaller son to watch his football team play and they won 4-0! I was parked half a mile away (reading by the lights of Sainsburys in my car) and could hear the cheering and drumming from there.

5) Just watched Holby City.
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    Tuesday’s Pleasures:-

1. Three bags of stuff ready to go to cs tomorrow

2. One crate emptied & about 10” of old paperwork shredded & binned - only taken me two weeks:(

3. Yesterday’s fox paid us a 15 minute visit today - sitting on our compost bin & posing for pictures whilst eyeing up one of the squirrels:laugh:

4. Veal Milanese for dinner - invented a sauce for the spaghetti:drool:

5. The sun came out today:j

“See you” all tomorrow.

MrsSD
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Burger!
    Latest post, near Dijon, appeared, now disappeared.
    Merde!
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Met friend for quick coffee before work.

2. Managed to offload something at work which causes me stress due to lack of time to do it in.

3. Text conversation with a friend. She is less stressed that I thought she would be as she hasn't moved yet, still working full time and 5 months pregnant.

4. Emailing my Aunt who has always managed to contact me when I have needed it.

5. Stir fry for tea. Used up some bits from the fridge.

6. Books taken into league of Friends shop.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Pleasures for Monday

1. Cracked on with work - still not 100% on the ball but getting there.
    2. a load of washing hung out and 80% or so dried
    3. OH and i chose colours for the decorating of study and lounge.
    4. Watched another Mad Men
    5. Made thick squash and lentil soup for tea, with a view to clearing freezer backlog - except I made 5 portions for the freezer :rotfl:

And yesterday

1. Went to London - lovely walking through Regent's park
    2. Train had run out of breakfast (woe is me :p ) but had a croissant and coffee in the first class lounge.... it's a tough life ;)
    3. Much warmer today, which is pleasanter... I could deal better with winter if it wasn't so cold
    4. Took MiL out for dinner - all four of us went, which was nice for us and her
    5. MiL seemed less anxious and forgetful than she did at christmas. She is much more settled in her own environment, yet is constantly wanting to leave it...

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1,2,3,4,5) The lovely plumber is fixing our new tank as I type and we will have hot water, a boiler working and a warm house again TERRIFIC!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback