Revolut Card. Refusal

Options
Recently accepted for and received a Revolut card and even allowed to top up my balance. After approx 2 weeks I checked my account only to find it was suspended and the balance returned. Revolut refuse to tell me why it was suspended. I had not made any purchases. Incidentally my credit rating is very good.
Advice please.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Open a card elsewhere.

If declined, check CIFAS.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    Nothing to do wiht stoozing.

Edit. This reply written prior to post being moved from stoozing board.
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They don't have to tall you why.

Something about you, or your history that they did not like.
    Life in the slow lane
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your credit "rating/score" won't be the issue here as lenders do not see this number - instead focus on the contents of your credit file, your credit history. I agree that it's silly for them to open your account only to close it down shortly after, Barclays did this to me last year. As above, I'd check your files from all 3 CRAs and also submit a SAR to CIFAS, National Hunter and Revolut themselves - this may potentially flag anything that might be involved in their decision to close your account
  • JohnHenry
    Options
    It’s a prepaid top up card. Would a credit rating even be considered?
  • sazaccount
    sazaccount Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This would properly be better either in banking or the travel section as Revolut is a prepaid mainly travel card (can be used for budgeting/spending tracking in the UK as well though)

OP - Did you complete the identification process, I had to take a photo holding my passport, but I already had the card so not sure that the opening procedures are now
    Thanks to money saving tips and debt repayments/becoming debt free I have been able to work and travel for the last 4 years visiting 12 countries and working within 3 of them. Currently living and working in Canada :beer: :dance:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Maybe a fraud/id issue
  • mrsaver11
    Options
    Sounds likely. Banks sometimes close an account with no justification (or refuse to provide one when asked) if the issue fraud-related.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure