PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th October 2019

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Dailies half done and Poppet has been for her booster which I combined with a dog walk. Final prep for presentation later is done.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    The geraniums and fuchsias from the back garden are potted up and the worn out petunias (which have given us great colour all summer) have been consigned to the compost bin, together with the contents of both my shredder and DH's and the remains of a box of compost maker. It is cold and damp out there - I was glad to come in.

Parsnip soup is now simmering on the hob [nom-nom] Just time to sort the birthday presents before lunch :D
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    More washing done

Bedroom floor cleared. Am now attacking the big box that contains everything that was in the old bathroom units (new bathroom was fitted in June). Most of it is junk and is going in the bin. 3 pairs of my shoes that are old and horrid and haven't been worn for a few years are now in the bin too.

How sad is it to enjoy seeing the bin fill up, likewise charitybags.

More ironing beckons;
  • BadCat18
    BadCat18 Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Paid stuff done
    Cleared, cleaned and tidied desk, did all my filing and cleared a pile of shredding for both work and home. It doesn’t really look any different as the pile of paper was hidden away... but I know it’s gone!
    A few bits of house admin done.
    Recycling bin emptied and a bit of a tidy in the utility room done
    Going to sort another load of washing to be done tomorrow and then have an early supper before getting ready to go out.

Have a nice evening all x
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Jojo_the_Tightfisted Posts: 27,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 October 2019 at 6:14PM
    Evening!

Got back and found Himself to be actually making a point of getting food going straight away, so I've had three crumpets with Cheese and Marmite, a large mug of tea and an enormous bowl of broccoli and blue cheese soup with a bread roll. I'm now burping cheesily whilst he goes round the shop for whatever it is he's forgotten. Whilst studiously avoiding whatever he has done to the kitchen. Not my job this week - none of it is.

I have no idea how I'm going to make it through a thirteen hour work day tomorrow. I suppose I'll have to breezily insist upon having a chair, eat tons during the day and then pay for a cab back. There were reasons why I couldn't cope with the old job - and the extra long days were one of the things; I just don't have the physical capacity for them, although at least this place has promised that there are far fewer of the things and the jobs required are considerably less physical.

There's a diocese inspection coming up as well this week. Have to make sure we're Doing Jesus Right. I think I'm well prepared.

ecuminical.png
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Aww Natty that sounds so unfair, hope it all gets sorted quickly.

And JoJo even tired and with a bit of a headache you made me laugh!

Busy day at the paid stuff but all fed and kitchen mostly sorted so that's good, even managed a bit of hoovering. If I sit down now I might nod off though.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    Evening all. Hope the interview went well
    Piggers.

I'll be playing catch up tomorrow but had a great presentation this afternoon. Really engaged audience and we had cake, biscuits and chocolate. Well, they did but I was talking.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Evening all,

Natty, I hope you get a resolution. Make sure they have followed their own safeguarding procedures properly. Not fair and not fun.

Washing tub now not empty (thanks to swimming and it being post bedtime for small)

House as tidy as I left it this morning. Haven't decluttered the bathroom as yet. Just watching last week's gbbo, but then I may just get off my bum and do it.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 October 2019 at 12:21AM
    Huge huge hugs Natty.. surely it is up to 'them' to prove it was you? There are some malicious people out there who will do anything to cause upset. I hope it is all straightened out very soon. TY for Fred! Now you're here, let us support you xxx

Boog AND DS2 had interviews today.. Boog also applied for 8 other jobs. He WILL have a job by the end of this month if it kills me! Waiting to hear if either or both have a trial shift! *everything crossed*

S&S of the kitchen
    Shower scrubbed
    Girls scrubbed
    New glasses chosen for Dot. They are hideous but she loves them. She couldnt see the board in class so had to keep getting up to read it WITH her old glasses on!! Part mole like her dad!
    More laundry done
    vacuumed right through downstairs
    Posted Boogs DVLA form with his birth certificate he needed for this afternoons interview! Oops!
    Made DS2 a hair mincing appointment at 9:45 for 11:30.. he looks so much nicer washed and shaved!

Kittens sleeping thank goodness so all is quiet in here for a change!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    More, rather late hugs for Natty why are people so unkind/unfair?

Gym this morning.
    More kitchen tetris.
    Took box of baking tins etc to lovely new owners.
    Went to Mr T on way back from my drum lesson.
    Waved Mr N off for his biking-with-the-boys trip to Spain, where the weather forecast is much better than here.
    Paid cc.
    Various admin tasks from my list.
    Almost almost finished new template for reports.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure