PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 4

Options

Comments

• FrugalLina
    FrugalLina Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I hope you recover soon, Molly41 and I look forward to you joining us in the new year. I too would love to hear how you are getting on in the meantime. :)

Millymouse, I too took a lot longer to recover from my gallbladder operation than expected, I think the constant pain prior had taken it's toll on me. :(

Well done Tighteningthebelt and BlueDoggy, you've both done brilliantly! :j

I fasted until dinner time yesterday and enjoyed my meatless chicken nuggets with a lot of vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, carrot, cabbage, mushrooms and onion - see what I mean? A LOT of veggies!), followed by two small pears, some Ryvita, 2 low cal Alpen bars and a Nakd bar.

I tried to pop the popcorn, but I cannot seem to make it without burning it. :o I used to be able to make it, but on a different hob and with a different pan. I may try the microwave method some time in the future. :j
    31.5/100
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    So, following in FrugalLina's footsteps, this was my second fasting day.
    At 5pm I had a tin of tuna and a few mangetout, as my mum is coming for tea and she's running a bit late. I couldn't cope with the change in goalposts!!
    Soon we'll be eating butternut squash and chickpea curry with brown rice. Plus whatever she brings for pud.

It seems to be going quite well, the alternate day fasting. I'm was a bit tired in the afternoon and I'm sure the neighbours can hear my tummy rumbling all the way down the street! Early days and I reserve the right to change my mind.

Advance notice - deviation Wednesday... out with friend for lunch and I'm looking forward to it.
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Brilliant loss Tighteningthebelt and BlueDoggy

Molly41 there is plenty of time to sort out weight loss, it's more important to be strong and healthy first, the rest will come, good luck xx

I have had a horrendous weekend food wise, no chance of a loss for next week, but I shall try my hardest to get back on track. I'm off work next week as I've hurt my elbow somehow and can't bend it properly, the dr has given me some tablets and told me to rest it for a few days and give the tablets time to work. I was only due to work 3 days next week so have told work I shan't be in. I hate calling in sick though and struggle more to not pick at food when I'm home.
    I have made some leek and potato soup though so shall try to stick to that for lunch for the next couple of day.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • FrugalLina
    FrugalLina Posts: 466 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done, tighteningthebelt, I found the first week the hardest, but my body has adapted and I don't feel as if I am starving to death on fast days. It is so different to how I normally diet (little and often with healthy snacks between meals), I wasn't sure it would suit me, but it seems to be working. My sugar cravings have certainly gone now. I hope it suits you too.

Sorry about your elbow, Sirens, it must be very painful. I hope it mends quickly and that you can return to normality again soon.
    31.5/100
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :T:T Blue Doggy and Tighteningthebelt :).

Sounds like a good decision Molly41 I'll remove you from the list but do stay around and post and I'll add you back in when you're ready. The main thing is you take care of yourself:grouphug:

I hope the elbow isn't too painful Sirens:)

Last nights family dinner wasn't too healthy but very tasty :D. And my nephews took home the left over key lime pie. Food wise today hasn't been great no proper lunch just picking so kit kat, crisps, oat cakes and banana :cool: dinner was left overs from last night beef short rib, noodles and stir fry veg.

I wasn't totally lazy food wise I have cooked a couple of portions of SW chicken laksa for the next couple of lunches
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Brambling
    edited 7 October 2019 at 10:10AM
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 4th Quarter

01/10/19 - 31/10/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Blue Doggy - 2/14. :):)
    Brambling -/12
    Cranky - -/12
    Dumpling- -/14
    Frith - -/
    FrugalLina - -/26
    Honeythewitch - -/7
    Izadora - -/14
    Millymouse -/17
    Need2bthifty -+1/9 :D
    S_glover - 1/11 :)
    SIRENS - 1/16. :)
    Tighteningthebelt 2/20. :):)
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone. So good to see so many people on here really supporting one another.

Molly41 - best of luck with your recovery, giving your body some time to recuperate sounds like a very sensible option.

Pleased to report a 1lb loss this week, although i really don't deserve it with everything I have eaten in the last week!
  • Brambling
    Options
    s_glover wrote: »
    Pleased to report a 1lb loss this week, although i really don't deserve it with everything I have eaten in the last week!

:T Don't question it, I usually in those circumstances jump of the scales quickly before they change their mind :)
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning All,

Well done to those who have lost and are sticking to their plan.

I've managed to pick up a dreadful virus that appears to be doing the rounds; no head cold or runny nose, it just goes straight to the chest and its now moved up to my throat and ears, feels like I'm swallowing broken glass and have acquired a voice like the cinema trailer guy :rotfl:

Needless to say I've been comfort and convenience eating so when I weighed myself this morning not surprisingly its already + 1lb, I'll get back on plan in a few days when I feel better and feel like cooking.

Take care of yourself Molly41, your recovery from surgery is really important before you focus on the weight loss.
  • Brambling
    Options
    Needless to say I've been comfort and convenience eating so when I weighed myself this morning not surprisingly its already + 1lb, I'll get back on plan in a few days when I feel better and feel like cooking.

There are a lot of horrible things going around at the moment so take care :)

I'm I logging the +1 or is it an interim?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure