Back to 60's Judicial Review Outcome

Comments

• Yes I agree with you who knows what will happen. But the case was heard re: women born in the 1950's of which mnd is one. Who knows what will happen. I just wanted to let the women and their partners who are affected know the date and time of the outcome.
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 September 2019 at 3:35PM
    merrydance wrote: »
    If the court decides for, you will get all monies back! I was born in 1956

Not if MNd is Male surely ?

I’ve done a bit of reason (stalking).
    MNd has a wife who is Mnd’s opinion buys too many clothes.
    Not concrete proof but I’m leaning towards Mnd being Male and would get 5 years less pension than you.

Yes it’s complicated but perhaps explain why that’s fair with a lower life expectancy.

FWIW my SPA has risen 7 years
  • No not if he is a male, this is up to the courts to decide, I leave it in their capable hands
  • If you want to know the ins and outs of it all I suggest you goggle Back to 60'S campaign, it goes on for pages. Too much to quote on here. Quite interesting reading though. If it was so simplistic it would never have got to court.
  • lisyloo
    No not if he is a male, this is up to the courts to decide, I leave it in their capable hands

Me too.

I don’t need to know the ins and outs to know that it would be unfair to give a twin born 31/12/1959 several years more pension than the other twin born on 1/1/1960. I can’t see any possible way that could be justified.

There are a small number of women who have a justifiable claim, perhaps those who were unable to factor the new age into their divorce settlement, but the request for all women born in the 50# is clearly wrong (see above twins case).

I’m happy the court will make the right choice and I hope they help a small minority, but will leave it in their hands.

My forecast is the main claim to be rejected but a small minority of adversely affected women with certain circs to be helped.
  • lisyloo
    No not if he is a male, this is up to the courts to decide, I leave it in their capable hands

The scope of the judicial review is limited. I don’t believe it extends to men’s pensions.
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Will be announced on Thursday 3rd October at 10am - fingers crossed

Fingers crossed they will lose. Greedy self-serving bunch don't deserve to win.
    Yes I certainly do, having to wait 6 years longer than I thought I would for my state pension.

Well, you thought wrong then as it hasnt been 60 for many decades.
    Same old / Same old - The court will decide if it was legal, it was the timing that was so wrong.

There was nothing wrong with the 5 year increase put in place in 1995 after several years of consultation. The 2011 increase was tough on a small number of women.
    Do you honestly think if this case had no credence it would have been heard in the High Court?
    It people are willing to fund court cases, they will end up there in the end.
  • Mnd
    Mnd Posts: 1,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    To clarify I am a man ( never had a stalker before )
    No.79 save £12k in 2020. Total end May £11610
    Annual target £24000
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    SonOf wrote: »
    Well, you thought wrong then as it hasnt been 60 for many decades.
    The State Pension age for women was 60 years of age less than ten years ago.

Aren't you supposed to be some sort of financial adviser? God help your clients if that's typical of your knowledge of such basic pension facts.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    lisyloo wrote: »
    Me too.

I don’t need to know the ins and outs to know that it would be unfair to give a twin born 31/12/1959 several years more pension than the other twin born on 1/1/1960. I can’t see any possible way that could be justified.

Or indeed twins born 31/12/1959 where one gets the pension 6 years ahead of the other.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback