Quick Mobile Fix -- are they scammers?

Hi there,

I ordered a phone with them on Dec. 24. Took money out straight away, never dispatched. Emailed them 2 days ago asking where the phone is, received an email next day telling me it was still within a 10 working day time frame. I thought, fair enough, but then looked online and saw countless bad reviews claiming they scam people. I tried to phone them numerous times but the phone would ring for five minutes, then cut off. Seems to be a common problem with them for months.

Worried with all this, I sent an email, facebook mail and their online chat service, stating I wish to cancel and want a refund.

But, are they scammers? What should I do, count my losses?

NB, if you want a laugh, go on a few of those customer review websites as the company has lots of 1 review, in my view, fake accounts.

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,288
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    So you ordered a phone Xmas Eve , they maybe not open again until 28th or 29th .

It's not that long
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Murmansk
    Murmansk Posts: 895
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Did you pay for it via credit card? If it turns out to be a scam at least you'll have some protection if you did.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Murmansk wrote: »
    Did you pay for it via credit card? If it turns out to be a scam at least you'll have some protection if you did.
    So you will if it was a debit card.
  • Pazuzu15
    Pazuzu15 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 5 January 2019 at 5:04PM
    "
    So you ordered a phone Xmas Eve , they maybe not open again until 28th or 29th .

It's not that long "

I would agree with that under normal circumstances, however their Twitter, FB & trustpilot website review, having countless people claiming they have been not received their goods, and have been fobbed off. I'm not allowed to link to websites in this post, but go to their trust pilot page and filter to 1 star, and you will see countless people over the past few months sharing stories of the company not giving them their money back. Honestly, I'm talking tens and tens of people.

"So you will if it was a debit card. "

Unfortunately, I did pay via debit card. I've contacted my bank and put in an Online Dispute Resolution as I don't expect to get my money back from the website. Is there any information on the board you would recommend me to read on claiming money back from a debit card?

They emailed me today to ask why I wanted to cancel the order. They did not confirm that they were actually going to do it - I emailed them a second time asking them to confirm it. Taking into consideration what I now know from other people's experiences, this was merely a stalling tactic. One I hope which will go against them and for me in relation to the bank ruling in my favour, I should hope. It's none of their business, frankly, why I would cancel my order and they have refused to do so - by not cancelling my order and then asking why.

BTW, if you try and contact them via telephone, no one answers the call. It just rings out.

Definitely stay away from them.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Pazuzu15 wrote: »
    "So you will if it was a debit card. "

Unfortunately, I did pay via debit card. I've contacted my bank and put in an Online Dispute Resolution as I don't expect to get my money back from the website. Is there any information on the board you would recommend me to read on claiming money back from a debit card?
    >> Visa, Mastercard & Amex Chargeback
  • Pazuzu15 wrote: »
    They emailed me today to ask why I wanted to cancel the order. They did not confirm that they were actually going to do it - I emailed them a second time asking them to confirm it. Taking into consideration what I now know from other people's experiences, this was merely a stalling tactic. One I hope which will go against them and for me in relation to the bank ruling in my favour, I should hope. It's none of their business, frankly, why I would cancel my order and they have refused to do so - by not cancelling my order and then asking why.

No idea about the company I'm afraid but any company would ask why you want to cancel a service so they could possibly resolve the issue (preferably to your benefit), getting sniffy over it won't help generally.
  • "No idea about the company I'm afraid[...]"

I can tell. I think I made quite clear why I believe they are not just any old company and the reasons behind my actions.

Here, have a look at two reviews from people earlier today on Trustpilot,

Patricia

4 reviews

6 hours ago

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE A COMPLETE JOKE!
    I made an order on 6/12/18 for a mobile phone as a Christmas gift for my granddaughter. After obligatory 10 day dispatch time NOTHING. I cancelled on 19/12/18 and asked for a refund. Have just been notified my refund will be processed on 8/2/19. 2 MONTHS after order. It states 14 days for a refund. I have contacted my bank and trading standards and if my refund is not in my bank by 12 noon on Monday 7/1/19 I will be filing with small claims court. This company is a complete sham. I have NEVER had this problem buying online before.

Check out Facebook page quick mobile fix - customer issues and experiences. Over 240 people having same issues.

khan

5 reviews

6 hours ago

DO NOT BUY
    DO NOT BUY - STILL WAITING FOR MY MONEY
    They are very quick in responding and have all sorts of excuses why there is a delay in transfering the money back.

@Quickmobilefix: Here is my order number Order ID198526 and I am tired to get in touch with your customer service and to read since 3 months your excuses. Just transfer my money back.

I should have read this before ordering with them: just type into trustpilot: quickmobilefix
    90% are saying it is bad - and they are.
  • Pazuzu15 wrote: »
    "No idea about the company I'm afraid[...]"

I can tell.

What was it that gave it away? The fact that I said I had no idea?
  • rg1820x
    rg1820x Posts: 11 Forumite
    My partner ordered a phone for me on 6th Feb and it has still not arrived.

Your experience is not uncommon with the company.
    They keep on making excuses and claiming the phone will be sent out tomorrow. Well it's been a month now and no phone.

My partner has now cancelled the order and will contact her credit card company if a refund is not processed quickly.

In my opinion they claim to have these phones in stock but the reality is that they don't but will still take your money.

I'll let you know how we get on.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Frozen_up_north Posts: 2,420
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    See: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08917723

If this is the company, it makes interesting reading
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income