2019 Keep Moving Challenge

Options

Comments

• cydney65
    cydney65 Posts: 829 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hi

Need to get fitter, so joining up. I was going to aim to walk 2019 miles but that is soooo unrealistic. Now aiming for 1000 miles.

CydneyX
    TOTAL DEBT @ LBM : 17082.66 DEBT FREE 7/01/13 Save 12K in 2019 No. 63; Jan £816.08 Total £816.08/£5000 :o Penny a Day £108.50 We all grow old, use your life, the world goes and flutters by
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    cydney65 wrote: »
    Hi

Need to get fitter, so joining up. I was going to aim to walk 2019 miles but that is soooo unrealistic. Now aiming for 1000 miles.

CydneyX

Welcome on board :T

It's good to set a target that you know you can achieve so that you won't get disappointed but it's also good to set one that might just push you that little bit more and give you that extra boost when you get there :)
  • CarolynRach
    Options
    I'm going to move more. I am so sedentary at my desk at work. I NEED to make sure I get up and walk around more. Even if it's just going to a bathroom on another floor.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    Another hoping for 2019 miles in 2019.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 December 2018 at 4:47PM
    Options
    Room for a not so small one? :D

I love walking but I don't do anywhere near enough of it :o I will set my target at 1000 miles and see how it goes :) I have a sedentary job but also have two allotments and plan on moving house in 2019 so there shouldn't be any reason why I shouldn't achieve that

Being a sadsack, I've just counted up the mileage that my phone recorded in the last 12 months and it came up at 717 so a target of 1000 miles is perfectly achievable :)

Good luck everyone!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi all. I'd like to join you on this challenge. I do like walking, and, like CarolynRach, I think I just need to move more generally. Can I set a weekly target to start with?

bln
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    Hi all. I'd like to join you on this challenge. I do like walking, and, like CarolynRach, I think I just need to move more generally. Can I set a weekly target to start with?

bln

Welcome on board.
    You can use this thread to set any target that suits :T
  • SamSam17
    Options
    Hi, I'll join this challenge. Another one for 2019 miles.

Good luck with everyone on this challenge!
  • selloptape
    Options
    Hi everyone - I’d like to join with a target of 1500 miles. Fitness tracker says I’m currently averaging 3 miles a day so hoping this is realistic but still a stretch :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Wizard / All, I should give it a go ... although the thought scares me a bit. :eek:

Target of between 1500 miles (2400 km) and 2019 miles (3250 km).
    Haven't set up my tracker yet and not sure whether it uses metric or imperial, that's why I've given both.

Will start from January 1st, but hope to try out the tracker tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure