The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.
We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Compers Challenge 2019

Comments

• nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 4 February 2019 at 8:20PM
    I had an incredible month, and this month has started with a bang! I’ve got an item on my wish list (in fact one I’ve wanted since I bought my house last year!)

A handheld AND cordless vacuum from Instagram! Actually did a little squeal at work and my friend wondered what was wrong!

I’ll catch up with the rest of the forum as I’ve not had time to visit the past week! Congrats on your wins everyone (I’ll update the charity part too!)

If you’re interested on Instagram - I probabaly get tagged in at least 50/60 comps a day... i never have time to enter all of the though! (But it’s where I won the Hoover! Out of 6000 entries!)
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • 2013yearofthehouse
    2013yearofthehouse Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 6 February 2019 at 11:16AM
    Update for the last weekish.....

I won my first ever comp on Instagram! YAY! :D Not quite as impressive as nelie's 6000, but there were about 1500 entries, so I was happily surprised after all this time entering loads of Instagram comps with mostly 50 to 500 entries and not winning a thing

.....and it's the biggest prize I've ever won anywhere in all my years of comping.....£250 to spend on clothes! DOUBLE YAY!!! :eek: I don't even spend £250 a year on clothes, so picking out that much all in one go was great fun!

Also, I've won something that has been on my wishlist for a few years....some walking boots!! ANOTHER YAY!! :D

As well as this first ever Instagram win, I've somehow managed to win a Facebook comp and a Twitter comp over the last few weeks too......it's been years since I won on either! So keep going everyone! You never know when you might suddenly have a huge run of luck! I don't know what's going on, but it's amazing! :rotfl:
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,267
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Ooh lovely, well done
    Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....
  • I have won a ZEOS QU3 Mens Skincare Set :j:j

I thought getting a prize for the letter Z would be hard.:grin:
    I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances...... Brian Tracy
  • My Cafe Rouge runner up prize arrived today - a Coca Cola gym bag and microfibre gym towel. I'm taking it to the charity shop so what do we want to list that under? G for gym kit maybe?

Also, got an email to say I'd won a Nuby Trendz bundle and a Micro trike! These were the same comp, so does that mean I can only list one on the challenge? I'll be putting them on the day they are delivered and they are being sent separately but don't know whether it's allowed!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
  • Moneybot
    Moneybot Posts: 10,411
    Forumite
    My Cafe Rouge runner up prize arrived today - a Coca Cola gym bag and microfibre gym towel. I'm taking it to the charity shop so what do we want to list that under? G for gym kit maybe?

Also, got an email to say I'd won a Nuby Trendz bundle and a Micro trike! These were the same comp, so does that mean I can only list one on the challenge? I'll be putting them on the day they are delivered and they are being sent separately but don't know whether it's allowed!

Well done and the newt says one win one challenge otherwise certain people would claim for every item in a hamper ....
    Rational judgement, now, at this very moment.

Virtuous action, now, at this very moment.
    (Wisdom, Courage, Self-control, Justice)

Willing acceptance - now, at this very moment - of what you can’t change
  • nelie
    nelie Posts: 1,568
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My Cafe Rouge runner up prize arrived today - a Coca Cola gym bag and microfibre gym towel. I'm taking it to the charity shop so what do we want to list that under? G for gym kit maybe?

Oh those microfibre towels are amazing! We have one for camping when everything gets wet haha!

I’ll add it to the list this weekend!

Well done on your wins everyone!!
    December Wins: £300 worth of board games, £500 Tesco Vouchers Best Win in 2023: £500 Tesco Vouchers
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,850
    Forumite
    Well done on all your wins!
    I've added Gym kit to G for donations, thanks raspberryfluff.

I've had another Gleam win, a bottle of Milkman Razor Rail Clear Gel, worth £20 - added it to my February win. :)
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584
    Forumite
    Can everyone please add the following to our Group Charity Challenge

G = Gym Kit ... Raspberryfluff

:T
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
  • mansey
    mansey Posts: 4,584
    Forumite
    Has anyone completed 1000 of any comp yet?

I haven't :(

My best is 658 on Twitter
    My Worst is 10 on Emails :eek:
    “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.” - Billy Joel
    C2W........718/1000......FB...........526/1000
    IG...........667/1000......MD..........652/1000
    2020 January Challenge
    Simply Media 423/1000
    Winning Moments 85/1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories