Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Options

Comments

• Sosumi
    Sosumi Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    Tigger11 wrote: »

We joined Zog a year ago and are so happy with them. Their website is minimum and don't bother with online account. But they email us a bill every month with a link to submit a meter reading quickly, which is so much quicker than the phone call/online account style other suppliers use. Plus they replied to our email requesting reduction of DD day after on two occasions. Fantastic, simple but efficient service. Also the cheapest. I'll give them 10/10.

What happens if and when you're abroad, and, thereby, unable to read your meters, quickly or otherwise, when emailed to do so?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sosumi wrote: »
    What happens if and when you're abroad, and, thereby, unable to read your meters, quickly or otherwise, when emailed to do so?
    You get an estimated bill, exactly the same as any other supplier.
  • Sosumi
    Sosumi Posts: 195 Forumite
    Options
    molerat wrote: »

You get an estimated bill, exactly the same as any other supplier.

Some other providers enable you to submit your readings and request a bill online just before you depart and again just after you return. (Mine does.)

So, no readings nor bills are estimates. I find that helpful.

Hence, my question. (Which was quite innocent; it carried no buckshot – none, at least, by intent.)

I merely wanted to know how it worked under a regimented monthly procedure.

:)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I never received a meter read request when I was with them. You can enter a meter read whenever you wish so put one in before you go away and they will estimate on the last day of the month based on that read. Obviously if you are away for over 2 meter reads it could cause a problem but their CS is excellent and I would assume they could sort something out over e-mail in the case of an expected 0 gas use over a month.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.zogenergy.com/faqs

Q. How often do I need to send a meter reading ?
    Send meter readings as often as you like, the more the better. By providing meter readings we are able to bill you for what you have actually used rather than estimating your usage. If we find you have not sent us a reading for a while we will send you a reminder to make sure we keep track of your account.
  • abbeyscruffy
    Options
    Just thought I'd post an update on my experiences with Zog Energy. I have been with them for exactly a year today. I reckon they provide the best customer service of any company I have ever done business with. As far as I'm concerned they have not put a foot wrong. :T

I am currently on a previous Mercury 12 tariff & my contract for this will expire on 3rd February 2017. This tariff still beats their current cheapest tariff by £12 a year.. If it wasn't for the £30 exit fee, I would happily switch right now to their 2 year Mercury 24 tariff which would cost £14 a year more than I'm currently paying, but that would incur a £30 exit fee to switch from my current tariff.
  • i8change
    i8change Posts: 423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Totally agree with abbeyscruffy above, have moved to their 2 year fix as very pleased with them.

The only thing wrong with Zog is they don't do Electric! :)
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree too. I'm about half way through my second year with them, and they are still unbeaten on price.

Oh I wish they did electricity too, would love a nice cheap duel fuel Zog tariff!
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Would also be very happy if they supplied electric too, as their customer service is excellent and they don't appear to reserve the best deals only for new customers, unlike most of the big 6.
  • Thriftysaver
    Options
    I've just completed my first year with Zog on 10th October and have been really impressed with them. So much so, I have signed up for their Mercury 24.

Likewise I wish they did electricity too. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." George Bernard Shaw:p
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback