IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine

PARKING TICKET
CLAIM FORM RECEIVED
Advice please
Hi everyone I have got a claim a letter before court proceeding. I really need some advice please. I parked for 12 minutes and in a private land( A block of flats with parking ). I am a taxi driver. That was 12/11/2018, A friend advised me to ignore it as it’s a private land and they can’t do anything ( He mentioned he’s got about 4 of them). He said as long as it’s not an NCP carpark do not worry . Stupidly I took his advice on board and ignored it now I have some claim form paperwork from UK Car park management Ltd. I don’t know how to send a picture on this forum.otherwise I would. The defendant wrote on the particulates of claim that. ‏ The defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liabilities. From £60 before, then £160,now they are asking me to pay £245.74.
I’ve been introduced to this website to seek help from the expert or maybe from someone who had the same issue and now all the steps to follow.
The same friend recommended this website apparently two of his cases were clear just because of this website. Below is all the letters I received with a date .

1-UK parking management Ltd 8/11/18
2-Trace debt recovery UK Limited

3-GADSTONE SOLICITORS 6/8/19 ( letter before claim )

4-GADSTONE SOLICITORS 6/9/2019
( letter before claim )

5-claim form 9/11/19

Would anyone please advise,
On what to do please.
Thank you so much in advance. :)

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 October 2019 at 10:45AM
    It is not a fine.

The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law change in 2012. I'm surprised a professional driver didn't know about this.

Read the sticky thread for NEWBIES starting with the guide to court written by bargepole that you will find in post 2 of the NEWBIES. This has a step by step guide from the LBC stage to the day in court. Please read it thoroughly.

When you do your AoS, do not put anything in the defence box, not even a full stop.

Contact the landowner/MA/your fare and get a copy of the lease if possible that details parking terms for residents and visitors.

Get pics of the site and signage.

Read the Jopson vs Homeguard case where the judge defined parking as opposed to loading/unloading (which includes people as well as goods).

Show us your draft defence when you are ready.

You can show us redacted images by uploading them to a web hosting site such as postimages o tinypic or similar, then pasting the URL here but change https to hxxps first. Someone here will change it back to a live link.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The defendant has failed to settle their outstanding liabilities. From £60 before, then £160,now they are asking me to pay £245.74.

You are being scammed by Gladstones adding on fake figures

You are saying that the ticket was £60
    Please list their figures that add up to £245.74
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?
  • It is a shame that even the BBC can't be bothered to report them accurately as "charges" not "fines"

Just shoddy journalism

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50033861
    Things that are differerent: draw & drawer, brought & bought, loose & lose, dose & does, payed & paid

• Amount claimed £170.74
    Court fee £25
    Legal representative cost £50
    Total amount £245.74
  • Hi the issue date was 8/11/2018
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Mahrez1980 wrote: »
    Amount claimed £170.74
    Court fee £25
    Legal representative cost £50
    Total amount £245.74

Have they broken down the £170 charge as well? This should be capped at the original PCN amount, usually £100.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,566 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Mahrez1980 wrote: »
    Hi the issue date was 8/11/2018
    With a Claim Issue Date of 8th October, you have until Monday 28th October to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox file linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. About ten minutes work - no thinking required.

Having done the AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 11th November 2019 to file your Defence.

That's four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence could be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defence received". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive an early copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to keep you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • Thank you for the reply
    Please bear with me as I’m new to this plus I’m just doing reading constantly and can’t get it in my head properly. Can I please ask, do I have to ‏ Acknowledge the letter by signing into money claim.gov.uk, create an account then find a space where to acknowledge the claim form ? Thank u
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Yes. You are so much better off if you simply read the NEWBIES thread though.

It has a pictorial step by step link showing you in pictures what to do, for AOS.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure