Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Yes, I think I wouldn't have reconstruction either. I've seen lovely pictures of women being proud of their bodies with one or no breasts, and would try to be like them xxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Joan, I am also guilty of thinking to myself 'Why am I getting so upset, plenty of people go through far worse things'. But someone once told me that you can drown in one metre of water just as easily as you would drown in one hundred metres of water.

Yes, you might be 'well' now but beating cancer doesn't involve simply getting shut of a lump. There's all the fear and worry, the upheaval, the lasting effects of all the treatment, the stark reminder of your own mortality, those bloody adverts telling you that you must be a FIGHTER and a SURVIVOR when in reality all you probably want to do is curl up into a ball and cry your eyes out and more besides. You don't get over all that by simply having the offending body part removed do you? In fact, it creates a new set of problems.

So please be kind to yourself and accept that you have the right to feel upset even though you are 'cured'. You've had so many changes over the past couple of years, both good and bad, you can't process it all in the drop of a hat. Always remember you can post here whenever you like and nobody will ever think you are 'moaning' or 'repeating yourself' (they are my particular worries when talking about my problems!).

My warmest wishes to all and if TorryQuine happens to be reading, I hope you are doing well.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Come down with the flu, slept 18 hours Friday, was in such a daze last night I didn't sleep till near 3am, then had feverish dreams all night was delirious enough to hear my voice and banging for about 20 minutes, turns out work had sent someone round worried as I hadn't phoned in sick and wasn't answering phone.

Good that work did that but I feel guilty, I have a very dizzy head, and heavy nose today.
  • Thank you surveyqueenuk for your lovely, lovely post. You hit the nail on the head! Beautifully put, it did make me cry, but in a very good way!

Its so good to be able to come on here.

A wonky hug to anyone who wants one!
  • My appointment was yesterday and I finally have my diagnosis, which is as I expected relapsing remitting MS. It is such a relief to finally know, the limbo is ended and I feel like I can get on with my life at last.

Hopefully the anxiety will abate now and I will be able to go back to work soon.
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My appointment was yesterday and I finally have my diagnosis, which is as I expected relapsing remitting MS. It is such a relief to finally know, the limbo is ended and I feel like I can get on with my life at last.

Hopefully the anxiety will abate now and I will be able to go back to work soon.

Pleased you can finally make plans Ono
    Was thinking of you the other day and wondering when it was due
  • Oh ono, I am sorry about your diagnosis but I think I feel a bit like you do - I am sooo happy you have a diagnosis at last! Hopefully it will be very slow and very remitting xxxxx
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning my lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshakes all round.

Ono, sorry to hear the diagnose but glad you have one so you can start to move on with your life rather than stay in limbo.

Not in a good place at the moment mentally. House is a tip and I don't mean just untidy. Its cluttered and needs redecorating from top to bottom and new floor coverings. I know its not all real. but I look at peoples houses on my fb book groups it makes me feel worse. All white but they have 10 dogs and 20 children and it all stays clean!!!! Between the dog and my partner I don't have a hope in hell.

Got to go out this evening. At the moment don't feel like it. But have to force myself as it was £40 a ticket!!!!

Everyone take care.

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,718 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 October 2019 at 8:11PM
    The FB people are telling porkies, Calley. Or posting carefully "curated" images to show themselves and their families in the best possible light.

My house meanwhile:
    20 year old carpets that stink of Gitdog.
    Missing Wallpaper and plaster by the front door, courtesy of Gitdog. Been like that a couple of years now.
    A fine collection of objects on the chairs and dining room table that I've walked in and "temporarily" plonked.

I suspect you and I aren't that unusual. We just don't make it as far as Facebook. :)

Hope you have a good night out - it'll be worth it when you get there.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • calleyw wrote: »
    I know its not all real. but I look at peoples houses on my fb book groups it makes me feel worse. All white but they have 10 dogs and 20 children and it all stays clean!!!! Between the dog and my partner I don't have a hope in hell.
    Many people treat facebook as self-promotion, so you only get a very distorted version of the truth, with everything perfect, everything always positive. The teacher of our Italian class admits she does this, presents an idealised version of the life of her family, and said all her friends do the same.

I don't, and I just ignore posts like that (not that many of my friends do it), I know I'm never going to have a tidy home, and I'd rather people thought of me as being kind than good at tidying and dusting...
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback