EE - Broken Upgrade System used to Raise Revenue

Options
Recently I placed an order with EE online for an upgrade.

They took payment for the phone and the early upgrade fee and I got an email confirmation and everything seemed fine. However no updates about delivery or the order process was forthcoming and the order number they gave in the confirmation did not work on their tracker.

I spoke to EE who claimed that they could not find the order, so I spoke to the upgrades team who told me that they can see parts of the order but not the whole order so they will put this through for me and fix it up as the order is broken and will not arrive unless action is taken.

Right at the end of the call, they claimed that they unfortunately could no longer deliver the order to my local store, because staff do not have the facility to do that even if the order was placed online and I selected this option.

I complained about this as picking up at a store is FAR easier because of the nature of my jpb so eventually they agreed to allow this and got an over-ride in the system so I was happy with this service even if it took a bit of a discussion to get.

However the kicker, right at the end, was that because this order was now being processed over the phone and it's a Saturday, I have to pay £6.99 delivery charge which cannot be waived, despite the fact my order was placed online and their website was broken.

Surely I should not be expected to pay such fee? It is not my fault that their system screwed up and using it to extort another £6.99 of revenue out of me or saying they can't deliver is pretty wrong, no?

Comments

• Joe9090
    Joe9090 Posts: 201 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 October 2019 at 5:39AM
    Options
    Why don't you put your complaint in writing to them? I would ask for £25 compensation for the inconvenience caused as well as the £6.99 refund if you have already paid it.

Complaining in writing means they have to adhere to a procedure and it gives you more chance of getting a resolution you are happy with.

You can do it online. I cannot post a link but just search for EE how to complain.
  • JInSuffolk
    Options
    I'm going to see what happens on Monday, apparently I should be able to collect the phone in store then but I'm not optimistic as when I spoke the them yesterday they assured me the order was now fixed and it will show up on the tracker within a few moments with an email confirmation and it's still not showing and I've got no email so I'm not really full of hope they've actually sorted this out.

I paid the £6.99 as I really need the phone - going to complain on Monday if the phone isn't finally in my hands but you know, who knows if it actually will because EE chat have just told me that they cannot see my order.....
  • JInSuffolk
    Options
    So latest, is EE have now sent me a text to tell me that my phone will be delivered to my home address and that I need to have my ID to accept the phone and they cannot change this as apparently this is what I have requested, despite the fact my email confirmation from last week clearly lists the store.

Now perhaps the guy lied to me yesterday when he said that he could actually send it to the EE store in question, but again the words about organising something beginning with P and a brewery come to mind.

I called them and department I need to speak to about it is closed until Monday so I'll phone them then, but honestly this is not a great experience and I thought that Vodafone were bad.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure