19" DVD combi with 2 or more HDMI sockets?

There are lots of cheap DVD combi sets out there, but they all seem to have only one HDMI port. Does anyone sell a model with 2 or more ports?

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I think it's due to limited space in a small TV. Would a HDMI splitter box not be enough
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Comstock
    Comstock Posts: 322 Forumite
    If there is no other option I'll have to go with the splitter box, just seeing if there are any other options....
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    It's definitely space for ports, jump to 24 inch and they have 2 hdmi
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Comstock
    That is also something I might have to consider. But I wish they'd remove the SCART (who uses that these days?) and give us 2 HDMIs instead....
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Browntoa wrote: »
    I think it's due to limited space in a small TV. Would a HDMI splitter box not be enough

Splitter would not work, OP would require a switch.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Comstock wrote: »
    That is also something I might have to consider. But I wish they'd remove the SCART (who uses that these days?) and give us 2 HDMIs instead....

There is an aversion for some reason to provide copious HDMI ports, sometimes you're doing well if you have three. And yet Blu-Ray/DVD, Sky boxes, computers, Fire Sticks, Rokus/Now TV, Raspberry Pi's all use HDMI... HDMI switches are the way to go until the TV needs replacing.

As to SCART connections - copious video players still use them, external Freeview boxes, possibly older Sky boxes and no doubt some other stuff - just because you don't use it doesn't mean others are the same.
  • Comstock
    I agree about older Sky boxes. But you wouldn't need a Freeview box with a new TV.

I doubt many people still have video players , although I kept mine for ages to play my VHS tapes I finally gave up about 5 years ago.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    There are probably no end of other devices that use SCART, I just listed a few common ones. And I still have a video player as do my parents and siblings, except my parents TV doesn't have a SCART input and so their video uses the old RF tuner output which the TV takes as an analogue input.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,149 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Here you go Cello TV
  • Neil_Jones wrote: »

As to SCART connections - copious video players still use them, external Freeview boxes, possibly older Sky boxes and no doubt some other stuff - just because you don't use it doesn't mean others are the same.
    SCART connections will soon be a thing of the past- just because you still use "copious" old tech doesn't mean others are the same :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure