Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LucyDevon
    • By LucyDevon 2nd Jun 19, 2:37 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    LucyDevon
    Amphibirun Extreme 10k
    • 2nd Jun 19, 2:37 PM
    Amphibirun Extreme 10k 2nd Jun 19 at 2:37 PM
    I signed up to the Amphibirun Extreme 10k at Weston Super Mare September 2019 and it has now been cancelled.

Received an email stating they will give us free entry to 2020s race & issue refunds up to the price we paid over of an early bird amount.

I donít want to re-enter & want a full refund. Tried emailing, no response, tried twitter, no response.

Anyone else successful contacted them or got a refund yet? Any help welcome. I paid £50+ so want my money back!!
Page 1
    • skeddy_13
    • By skeddy_13 11th Jun 19, 7:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    skeddy_13
    • 11th Jun 19, 7:01 PM
    • 11th Jun 19, 7:01 PM
    It gets worse..... their website is now showing as closed down

Amphibirun has closed down
    Following the recent communication to postpone until 2020 has been a great deal of negative publicity towards the brand across social media.

Unfortunately we have been unable to secure a new headline sponsor.

We are truly sorry about this decision, we tried our best to turn things around but the extremely high advertising costs, deposits for venues and suppliers costs unfortunately outweighed the ticket sale income, we were surprised and did not foresee such low participant sign ups.

We unfortunately do not have the funds available to offer a full refund and will be splitting the money left between all participants offering a partial 26% refund of the ticket price you paid Ė this is excluding the processing fee charged by Active which we donít have control over, refunds will take up to 60 working days and refund requests can be made up to December 31st 2019.
    There's also a link to the refund request (but I can't post that as I'm a newbie)

I booked my ticket with my MBNA credit card, and I've logged a disputed transaction with them, which they are looking to claim back for me on the 24th June (Have also just e-mailed them the update based on the info on the website).

Cheers,
    Rob
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

96Posts Today

1,450Users online

Martin's Twitter