Wedding Gift for my Daughter

Options
My beautiful daughter is getting married in 12 months I want to buy her a special gift maybe one that she can pass onto her children I am not sure wether to ask her or just surprise her and if so what do i buy?
Slava Ukraini

Comments

• bertpalmer
    bertpalmer Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jewellery is always pretty popular - I'd ask advice from a close family member, her partner or good friend?
  • D_M_E
    D_M_E Posts: 3,008 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What does she always drool over - can you get something that would fit in with whateveritis at a reasonable price and surprise her with it?
  • PrettyKittyKat
    PrettyKittyKat Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    I agree that wedding day jewellery is a popular choice for a gift. Maybe ask her if she has thought about this yet.

If you want something she is going to use on her wedding day then asking her is probably the way to go.

if you want to surprise her then something more like a weekend away for them after the wedding would be a good idea, but this obviously isn't something they can pass on to their children.
  • Streamside
    Streamside Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    What about a lovely patchwork quilt.It's been a joy to photograph my grandmother's great great grandchildren on the quilts she made by hand.While you may not be able to make one you could hand choose fabrics.
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    bertpalmer wrote: »
    Jewellery is always pretty popular - I'd ask advice from a close family member, her partner or good friend?

How close do you mean this is a mother and daughter.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This post originated in April 2019.  I think present will have been bought by now.
  • bellabella
    bellabella Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    OK I am just going to follow this one up my daughters original wedding was due to take place in Sorrento in April this was cancelled due to covid 19 since that point we have also had a UK wedding cancelled due to Covid 19 Fingers crossed the wedding takes place this weekend at the local registry office with a few immediate family A blessing and huge party are planned for next year where she will wear her dress that is still hanging in the shop . I bought her diamond and Sapphire earrings so she can pass them on to her children if she wishes . Thank you all for your input x
    Slava Ukraini
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure