What small DFW things will you do this week? w/c 20/03

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Afternoon all :hello:

Been WFH so managed to stay away from most of the ghastly rain - apart from popping to town with DH to get a gift for FIL birthday :eek: (the rain not the gift ;))
    Good new is that DH car passed it's MOT :D:D:D:D:D:D This means we can now sell it rather than scrap it :T It's not worth a huge amount, but worth much more with 12 months MOT than without :A
    Meals from stores including freezer dive for some mackerel for tea and some slices of cake/bread type thing for snack
    Checked banking, updated sheet
    check surveys and FPL later
    Move money for FIL gift from present piggy to current account
    Must confess to having heating on low this morning, was definitely chilly and I needed to get some of the washing dry :o
    Ordered some spices for us from an online store (much cheaper than supermarkets, even ethnic ones) whilst I ordered a gift for friends birthday - split cost between present fund and food kitty
    DH made soup for work food for next couple of days and nipped to ald! for a couple of bits including some super 6 items.

All this talk of dentist is making my teeth hurt :o one of my least favourite things to do ever, ever, ever. And as for the hygienist:eek: forget it - its not the pain, I just squirm away from the noise - and they don't like that apparently :rotfl:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi All

It's pouring down here. DS is off with a small injury so for once im not on the school run at this time! Or I'd be soaked :)

Instead have a lovely sleeping DD napping on me, and time to chill for a bit.

Small things.

1. Checked banking. Reconciled accounts.

2. Tried to set up online banking for my son's Junior ISA. Failed so called them. Apparently they don't have my DOB saved so I need to go into branch with ID. That's fine as I have a cheque for both of them to pay in anyway.

3. Did a fridge audit. I needed to go shopping today as I had purposely been on operation use it up all weekend. But can't drag DS out when he's not up to it. So it's odd and weird creative combo in our house today.

4. Transferred £100 to our account from the joint. This month which is over for us on Sunday I have only needed to top us up by £193 which is way lower than the £500 I had in mind. I think lots of little things are adding up in our favour. OH works from home quite a lot now so his weekly costs have gone right down. I've been shopping in a different way, buying the biggest size, spending more but spending less frequently. It all just help. With all the carp going on it's comforting to know I could give up work and only need a couple of hundred a month to keep us going.

5. Warmed up some scones that seemed stale. They were delicious again, goes to show not much needs to go in the bin.

6. No travel spends today and indeed a NSD.

7. DSs account had £24 interest when I checked.

8. Keeping warm with blankets now we've turned the heating off again. I'm not going back :)

9. Use up leftovers for the kids tea tonight, DD throws half hers on the floor anyway!

10. Planned my day tommorow to include a special trip to the area where the building society is. Never go there but won't have to again once the online banking is set up hopefully.

All for now.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,107 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hello Monday Penny Savers,
    Am feeling rather low in mood today, which is unlike me, so have given into it by taking to the sofa with cafetiere, hot water bottle, TV & coffee. Have achieved a few money saving bits & pieces but not had my planned morning in the veggie garden building my strawberry construction because of all this rain. Booo!
    *Cheap overnight laundry done. On heated airer. Washer reloaded to go on timer again tonight.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Unpacked my Spring/Summer clothes & started packing away my Winter stuff. I shouldn't need to buy anything except some sandals......as I threw my 10 year old pair in the bin last September.
    *Alter one garment that is too big. Have tacked it. Will hand sew tonight. My machine doesn't like stretchy material.
    *Found a skirt & poss a dress for ebay.
    *Talking of which.......we had another sale last night so wrapped that in recycled bubblewrap & paper.
    *Started analysing CC to solve why it is so high this month. There have been some big payments made with it but I have paid the equuvalent money across from bank account so that shouldn't be the problem. Will study it properly with receipts on my next big budget day.
    *Did an Ipsos survey.
    *Entered 1 competition & 1 prize draw.
    *Made pasta salad for lunch to use up last tiny bit of l/o pasta.
    *Sock knitting.
    *Still using up a lippy by getting last of it out with a brush.
    *Investigated Premium Bonds.....as in whether it's worth having them, given that interest rates are so poor.....& still falling. Didn't come to a conclusion either way as the odds are against winning, but of course the chance is still there.
    On a positive note, today is a low calorie strict day & I am being angelic!
    Love to all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,107 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Maria - lovely to hear about the lambs. I always think lambs are just so joyful!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • boo sucks! I had booked to do a breakfast ms assignment for £20. Was going to do it tomorrow on my way to the staff conference. Oh's car has had a problem and he has had to have it towed to the garage. Meaning tomorrow (and days to follow) are going to be trickier! Was looking forward to being paid for a treat as well!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    DawnW wrote: »
    Morning all :)
    Thanks for starting us off DNMS :) Horrible weather here too :(
    Woken up feeling a bit hot and headachey, so hope I am not 'getting' something :( Particularly as I have little GD today :eek: Anyway, just had some breakfast, and going to try some coffee - I always go off coffee when I am poorly. Have to see how it goes.

Today's plans:
    Ask OH to bring me back some bits of the brushwood on the bonfire pile at his community group HQ for free pea sticks :)The kids wanted stuff doing, so he didn't get there. Will ask another time.
    Think of things to do with GD that aren't too taxing Apart from playing with the dog and doing a bit of colouring, she spent most of the time watching cartoons on my phone :o She was only here for a couple of hours while her mum had an appointment, so no big deal really.
    Check seeds in mini greenhouse thing, see if any have germinated Not done
    2 ebay items to pack and post I packed these and OH went to the post office for me :) The non paying buyer has now paid, but has sent me 2 different versions of her address, so am currently waiting for her to confirm which one is correct. Hope to finally post this one tomorrow!
    Relisted a few items that hadn't sold
    HM meals, not sure if DS is going to be here or not... OH did stuffed jacket potatoes
    Check banks later Not done yet
    Check for surveys Nor this

Well, that doesn't sound very ambitious, but may have to do for today!

I went to bed after lunch, after DD had picked up the little one, and have only just got up. I slept for a few hours, and feel a bit better now. Still raining and horrible outside, but it isn't cold, so no wood burner tonight, first time this year without it! Hoping to feel ok tomorrow, as I need to go out and buy a birthday present for GD2 who is 10 on Friday :) She wants red or blue trainers and some hair mascara (answers on a postcard please :rotfl:).

On other news, DS is looking for a place to rent now, which, while it has been nice to have him here for a while, it will be good to have our own space back, and likewise for him - it must be difficult moving back in with parents when you are 40 :eek:

Hoping normal service will be resumed tomorrow, both for me and other poorlies on the thread :)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm back in bed again, I did do the washing up and have put another load in the washing machine but all other jobs can wait. I didn't even cook properly, DS And DSGF have a ready meal and I picked up some YS pasta salad for their lunch tomorrow (only slightly reduced, I'm not feeling up to the usual bun fight for the mega reductions! I'm having a jacket potato and cheese which is all I fancy.

Have a lovely evening all! :) (first iPad attempt at 'lovely' was 'little belly':rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Just went to get one of the ebay items and there's a chunk missing :( can't sell it like that. may as well chuck it.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Hate it when that happens, it's not like eBay is a hive of activity at the moment anyway (for me at least.)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • I'm agreed to sell 17 of my Yankee Candles for £260. I'll knock that off the debt.
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure