PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 20th March 2017

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi all x

Bossy Wow! My DD went through a stage where she hated getting her hair brushed but as it took about 3 years for her to grow any I couldn't bring myself to cut it, still can't :rotfl:

I still can't believe it! Had to level the sides off a bit to even it up but it looks fine when it dried... A bit like "the Rachel" :eek:

As she said herself "don't worry mum it'll grow back" lol

Thanks for the lists ladies, I'll be following my own this week but I'm very much here for the motivation :)

Need to go grocery shopping tomorrow too..:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning. Breakfasts and lunches done. Need to put on bread.

Once I've turfed DH out I'll get HHC in before I leave for the gym.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    I'm in Ladies :)

All of us have coughs, we have a house guest for a fortnight and I am craving sleep! Will be in as best I can this week, looks to be another busy one.

Hugs all round xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Morning

Iona, I was gonig to do some gardening here today, but it is currently drizzling, and windy.

Right so far
    Wm x 3, now got to dry that lot somehow, as gonig to line dry, but rain
    Whole house is hoovered
    Bins all done
    Bagless thingy emptied
    Kitchen sides / floor all done
    Stripped bed, then swopped the spare double mattress with my one, on my own not the wisest of moves, but done, bed re made. Blimey mattresses are heavy and awkard
    Food shop done and way
    Meal list made for week
    Cat dry food large bag off bought and put ways from cat,!
    Now going to rest ie sit and wander around the internet, as I have diabetic nurse appointment and I know she will do my blood pressure, moving 2 mattresses will have put it up I am sure

Laters
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Iona, I was gonig to do some gardening here today, but it is currently drizzling, and windy.

It's pouring here, kazw :(

Day 3 of my migraine. Managed to write and send an important email before the sickness feeling came over me again. No chance of getting outside, so I decided instead I would
    [STRIKE]- strip our bed
    - have my shower and dress[/STRIKE]
    - do WM [STRIKE]x1[/STRIKE] x2 x3 and TD x1 x2 x3
    -[STRIKE] S&S bathroom and ensuite
    - tidy and dusty all downstairs rooms[/STRIKE] - DH has offered to hoover this afternoon
    [STRIKE]- dust our bedroom
    - get box of old photos out of eaves loft for sorting during evening TV, whenever I next get to watch some!
    - print out college handouts for tomorrow[/STRIKE]
    - tidy study bedroom
    - prepare soup for lunch
    - have a sleep
    - write another email or two
    - do studying this afternoon, in the hope that my brain has cleared by then.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm having a duvet day. Well, maybe just an hour or two. Feeling a bit meh for no reason whatsoever...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Big hugs to everyone esp, Iona, Bossy and dancemum. Have a virtual hug, cuppa and plate of biccies from me.

Been a manic Monday so far, as I expected. Got loads of paid stuff done, and started to eat a HUGE frog (DH annual company accounts :eek:). I have written a list of things to do by the end of March and stuck it on my fridge!

This weather really is the pits, and I think we are all a bit fed up of it now. March is also such a long month, there have been umpteen things to pay out for and quite frankly I will be like :j when April comes.

Off to make a cuppa then get stuck back in xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    OK it is now tipping it down here hard.....................

Iona, if you have had a mirgraine for 3 days, why not ring your dr's for advise........

Diabetic nurse is happy with me, everything is in the 'normal' range, so well chuffed, just got to lose some weight yet again..............................

Lunch eaten
    Washing now in tumbler to get it dry
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    School phoned
    Ground floor henried
    Bank transfer made
    Holiday/anniversary present balance paid
    Activity booked
    Tv stand dusted
    Unplanned nap decluttered
    Towels washed
    Bras handwashed
    Bathroom S&S

Glad every thing went well with nurse KW x
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,419 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well, I hope that's the back of the migraine - I slept for an hour before lunch and a couple of hours after, and my head is finally feeling a lot clearer.
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Iona, if you have had a migraine for 3 days, why not ring your dr's for advise........
    Thanks kazw. I've been having these "grumbling migraines" for years instead of getting the "flashing lights/vomiting/real headache/lie down in a darkened room for a few hours" variety that most people experience. I just find them ****** annoying and debiitating, and they always happen when I have a lot of work to do in a limited time, so obviously stress is part of the problem. There isn't an obvious cause like chocolate or wine,they just come on when I'm really tired, and the GP can't find any medication to suit me better than a couple of Migra**ve and a lot of sleep.

Hope you too are feeling less "meh" now, Bossy.

Quick update on my achievements today:
    All rooms downstairs cleaned and hoovered (thank you DH :A).
    I even cleaned the lounge windows as per Level 1, after I saw the sun shining through :eek: and I have started making some Twink's for the Old Wives this evening - they can go in the oven with the sausage and chips for tea.
    The spicy tomato and dhal soup that I made for lunch was delicious: the two of us ate enough (allegedly) for four :D
    Still to do:
    - TDx1
    - fold one load of washing and hang it up to air
    - finish tidying the study bedroom (I have started but it doesn't look much different yet :rotfl:)
    - write another email or two, if time
    - cook and eat tea
    - do some reading, if time - but more likely I'll get up early tomorrow
    - remake our bed so that we can sleep in it tonight
    - go to the Old Wives' meeting this evening.

Will knuckle down to clearing for half an hour before I go and cook tea.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure