The Great 'Student Discounts' hunt

Comments

• elisebutt65
    elisebutt65 Posts: 3,854
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I went in to one today after reading this - Just had to have a steak and cheese - And I got a kids meal for the DS - Total after showing my NUS card was 4.95 for the 2 meals??? - Maybe it's just some being narky about it?

Why not contact HO and ask them?
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    Bad Mothers Club Member No.665
    [STRIKE]Student MoneySaving Club member 026![/STRIKE] Teacher now and still Moneysaving:D

• spudfish
    spudfish Posts: 15
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi, which Subways did you try this in? Is it area specific? Seems like a cracking deal.

just re-read this and its not quite that deal i think. You have to get TWO 6 inch sub meals etc for £5.98, which works out as £2.99.
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,195
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    sub of the day meal offer is £2.99, but im yet to come across a subways that will offer student discount. believe me, ive tried :(
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • c.cam108
    c.cam108 Posts: 53
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    There is a Subway in our student union (Glasgow Uni) and that's where I heard of the offer.

Also had it honoured in at least 5 other Subways in Glasgow, the one in East Kilbride, and in Hamilton. However in EK once when I asked for the student discount, the woman asked "What is it?" I told her, any 6" meal for £2.99. She didn't even check with her manager, just rung it through. I could have told her anything! Lol

And @ spudfish, you only have to get one meal.

Also, what is this NUS card? Is it just my matric card? That's all I have to use to get discounts everywhere.

_C
  • TheGrant
    TheGrant Posts: 74 Forumite
    _C, Glasgow isn't in NUS so you can't get a card.

Locally, there's never been as great an emphasis on NUS cards due to the large number of non-NUS students.

So, nationally (bit of a stranglehold on certain areas of England) and in chains (Matalan, Pizza Hut) you might have a problem if you aren't in the NUS marketing machine. But around town you'll probably find plenty of places giving discounts with just your matric card.
  • emma_marie
    emma_marie Posts: 64 Forumite
    I think this thread is a brilliant idea...I hate it how most companies don't advertise the fact that they offer student deals/discounts!

Has this thread been condensed anywhere? (i.e. all discounts and terms listed in one place without having to sift through 14 pages of discussion)

i would be willing to do this if it hasn't already been done but not sure where it should be posted etc??? :undecided
    Looking for ways to save :dance:
    Since October 2014:
    Consumer Pulse
    ValuedOpinions
    Crowdology
  • I visit this site all the time its amazing, you just register and then your free to print out as many discounts as you want. You can also request a student discount book with loads of great money off vouchers in it for loads of stuff ie pubs, hairdressers, restaurants etc. They do these books in towns all over the country. Excellent site and highly recommended.

:T :beer: :j Get yourselves on it! www.studentdiscountbook.co.uk
  • ponty017
    ponty017 Posts: 1 Newbie
    I hope also . this is so good step.

Why waste money? Save up to 70% on toner cartridges by purchasing toner printer supplies from ConcordSupplies.com http://www.concordsupplies.com/type/Toner.html
  • adammouse wrote: »
    Burger King 20%
    Dominos 25% !
    McDonalds - free burger, cheeseburger or Mcflurry when a valid nus is shown.

Don't you normally have to buy something to get this deal in McD?
  • Aston Union website shows 10% off mobile phone insurance at http://www.talkcover.co.uk using code SCAST01. Assume there is a code for all other uni's??
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback