Are These Survey Sites Worth It (2) Updated 2016

13»

Comments

• redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Has anyone found that surveys from Populuslive have slowed down?
  • chels
    chels Posts: 1,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    edited 18 March 2017 at 1:32PM
    Not much difference to usual during January and February with approx 8 email survey invites each month although I haven't received any surveys during March.

However, the last email I received was on 24.02.17 with the title Populus Audit about being an active member. I hadn't got around to completing this and then forgot about it, maybe that's why I haven't received any surveys since, hmmmm!
  • redagila
    I have only had one invite in March & I did reply to the Audit email. I have updated my profiles to see if that helps but mine is probably because I am an old lady!
  • redagila
    Well just logged into my e-mail & there was a survey to complete!
  • Hi
    Im fairly new to i-say and swagbucks surveys and i have quite a lot of points now,i want to accumulate quite a few before i redeem them ,is it okay to do this or do i need to redeem as soon as i have enough for a voucher.
    regards
    Glen Jarvis
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi
    Im fairly new to i-say and swagbucks surveys and i have quite a lot of points now,i want to accumulate quite a few before i redeem them ,is it okay to do this or do i need to redeem as soon as i have enough for a voucher.
    regards
    Glen Jarvis

Depends on how you want to gamble!
    But no, seriously, companies do go under and can (and will) take all their points and your vouchers with them if they do. It happens and has happened before. But it is also the minority of survey sites that have this happen. It's really up to you if you want to risk it or not. I do, I've been lucky and it makes a bigger difference when I can take out a few years of survey gains rather than extracting as I go. But that's me, it really is an individual thing.

If it's any help, maybe look at Yougov, Valued Opinions, Opinium and Pureprofile who are some of the better of those out there (personally speaking). It's never going to pay the rent or buy you a holiday but little bits every now and then when you're not screened through do mount up. I was never a fan of swagbucks, the rewards were too insignificant and I got fed up with being screened out so often.
  • I agree jennie, I stopped with swagbucks - It was a lot of effort for the rewards - like 4 swagbucks for watching 3 trailers or something.

I have also given up with toluna and their 8 week wait for rewards and also the fact I did a survey to 99% and instead of going to completed screen it went you are not suitable for survey, it was 1800 points or something and took 25 minutes so I emailed customer service and was told that this happens and I would get more surveys soon! Well that isn't great, its hardly any points is it surely and they took all my information - I was happy being screened out after a few questions but after a 20 minute survey it really takes the biscuit.

Stick with Branded, valued, yougov and Global I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure